Knight Breech Plug question?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphaburnt

Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering if the power stem or domed breech plug would be best for .50 Knight Disc Elite shooting loose Triple 7? I just ordered one from Sportsmans Guide and havent received it yet, dont know which plug will come with it. Thanks

Would the power stem eliminate the crud ring associated with t7? Which plug would have the least amount of blowback (not even sure this is going to be a problem as it is with my Wolverine)?

domed plug is best at eliminating blowback. power stem works with the elite, but it was designed for 150 grain charges. i'm not sure what the minimum powder charge is that you can use with it, but it's at least 120 grains. i shoot 100 gr. t7 in my elite with great velocity and accuracy. if you're swabbing between shots, and with sabots you are, then the crud ring isnt anything to worry about. i dont think the power stem was designed to cut down on the crud ring, it was designed to squeeze a little more velocity out of 150 grain powder charges in the .52 caliber knight.

I just tried out the domed breech plug in my Disc Elite today and it definitely works. There was very little if any blow back at all. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back