Knight Disc Elite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodtrail1

Reaction score
First off my Disc Elite arrived today from Sportsman Guide!!! :D

Funny thing I notice is the Instructions manual lists six different Knight models and shows the specs and such with the breakdown of parts...but NO Disc Elite is listed!????????

How long was the Disc Elite in production?? I hope someone dosent say just one year! If so, then it makes me wonder why it went "out" so quick!
The guy at a gun shop that I talked to claimed the Elite had some design problem with something to do with the heavy dutyness of it and Knight had some issues with customers and their guns breaking!?
Any truth to these rumors??? I hope not! :cry:

Now, question....Do I need to shine up the inside of the barrel/bore prior to shooting? A friend of mine claimed that is what I need to do. He said sit in front of the T.V and watch some hunting shows and work some sort of polish he mentioned in the bore to smooth it all out??
Any thoughts on that????

Now I need to get a 1X scope and I will be ready!

bloodtrail1 said:
The guy at a gun shop that I talked to claimed the Elite had some design problem with something to do with the heavy dutyness of it and Knight had some issues with customers and their guns breaking!?

There is no basis for that.

As with any new firearm,clean it really good as Tom mentioned,the cleaning removes the factory "preserving" residue. 1x scope?Is that all you are allowed? You would really like a higher magnification scope on it! The accuracy is there!

Tar-12 said:
As with any new firearm,clean it really good as Tom mentioned,the cleaning removes the factory "preserving" residue. 1x scope?Is that all you are allowed? You would really like a higher magnification scope on it! The accuracy is there!

Yep....Here in Wisconsin during black powder season all you can use is a 1X or a red dot! If I were to use the gun during our regular 9-day rifle/shotgun deer season then you can use magnification.....But I think I want to outfit it to start with, with the intentions of using during the muzzel loader season.

Anyone know how long the Elite was in production?

anything about the disc elite being non-heavy-duty is complete bs. it's the same thing as an extreme, minus the sights, plus a good recoil lug. i see no way that it can somehow be a weaker design than the disc extreme. don't worry about polishing the bore or anything, it shoots like magic straight out of the box. i think it was only in production for a year or two, but it doesn't have anything to do with the sturdiness of the design. run a search on some of the earlier posts on disc elites . . . it was only discontinued due to lackluster sales, which probably only resulted from the fact that it didn't come from the factory with open sights. i know this sounds crazy, but it's an excellent design, just go out and do some shooting! :D my disc is the most accurate rifle i own, straight out of the box.

Yep....Here in Wisconsin during black powder season all you can use is a 1X or a red dot!

If it were ME...I'd get the Warne QD bases/rings and get two sets of rings. Put you a good 3-9 on there for range work and for rifle season then sight-in your red dot/1X scope for muzzleloader season.. You can change back and forth with no change in scope zero.

big6x6 said:
Yep....Here in Wisconsin during black powder season all you can use is a 1X or a red dot!

If it were ME...I'd get the Warne QD bases/rings and get two sets of rings. Put you a good 3-9 on there for range work and for rifle season then sight-in your red dot/1X scope for muzzleloader season.. You can change back and forth with no change in scope zero.

I'm with Chuck here. Use the Warne rings and bases and put two scopes on that rifle. A 1X for muzzy season and a 3-9X for rifle season.

Patrick White said:
big6x6 said:

I'm with Chuck here. Use the Warne rings and bases and put two scopes on that rifle. A 1X for muzzy season and a 3-9X for rifle season.

That sounds like a good plan! :lol:

Bloodtrail, I live in Wi.also and have a 1x Nikon Buckmaster scope and it works fine (granted I would like a little more power). I have Burris quick release rings so I can take it off for Co. hunting. If you really enjoy and get satisfaction from punching paper Then do as Chuck says.
Where are you from in Wi. I live in Waupaca co.
Redclub

Redclub said:
Bloodtrail, I live in Wi.also and have a 1x Nikon Buckmaster scope and it works fine (granted I would like a little more power). I have Burris quick release rings so I can take it off for Co. hunting. If you really enjoy and get satisfaction from punching paper Then do as Chuck says.
Where are you from in Wi. I live in Waupaca co.
Redclub

Redchub, I live just outside of Madison........Been looking at scopes just now online for some deals! I will look into that Nikon you mention. I am looking for a "budget" scope, yet at the same time a good quality one.

Bloodtrail,
If your looking for a good 3-9X40 scope (for the rifle season) MidwayUSA's January 2006 flyer has some scopes on sale. Leupold Riflemans (don't know if they're any good) Weaver Grand Slams and Burris Fullfield II's are all on sale. My pick would be the Burris Fullfield II 3-09X40 for 174.99 or for a little more you can get a ballistic plex version for 189.99. That's a pretty good deal.

I hope theres nothing wrong with them I just ordered one from Sportsmans Guide as well. After doing so I found out Randy Wakeman had a better deal though.

bloodtrail1 said:
I am looking for a "budget" scope, yet at the same time a good quality one.

For a cheap scope it's very hard to beat the Burris Fullfield II 3x9-40mm with ballistic plex reticle. You can find them on Ebay for about $165.

WHAT BIG 6x6 SAID!!
We both like the Swift models for $ value. :D :wink:

I personally like the premier model

I just ordered the first scope I need from Midway USA....Ordered a Sightron I in the 1X power shipped to my door for $116.04.
I need the 1X for Wisconsin muzzel season.......

Next I will order a 3x9 for target and basic messing around with. But first let the "dust " settle with just buying the gun, scope, and goodies I needed! BUT....who knows maybe I will just go all out and get it all at once and be yelled at all at once! (by the wife of course)

bloodtrail1 said:
I just ordered the first scope I need from Midway USA....Ordered a Sightron I in the 1X power shipped to my door for $116.04.
I need the 1X for Wisconsin muzzel season.......

Next I will order a 3x9 for target and basic messing around with. But first let the "dust " settle with just buying the gun, scope, and goodies I needed! BUT....who knows maybe I will just go all out and get it all at once and be yelled at all at once! (by the wife of course)

That's why I keep a gun stash so I don't have to hear it from the wife. :wink:

Latest posts

Back