Anyone else keep a scrapbook?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
I was updating my scrapbook with the picture of my Indiana deer and the two from my surprise hunt and got to wondering how many keep a book or a board with photos of all the deer they get. I've been doing this for a few years and every deer in there is a trophy to me. And with a picture it helps me remember the hunt. It's also kind of interesting to see the changes in my appearance over the years. I figure when I'm old and grey I'll look back at this and say I never was that young. :lol: No pictures of me in there this year though. Oh well I'll get one in April at the hog hunt. :D

I started my scrapbook with one picture, that of my first deer. The little text boxes is the details of the load, weapon, date, etc. I also figured it up and my Disc Extreme has take most of my deer with a total of 8. 7 of those with Winchester platinum tips. Number 2 is my Omega at 3. Then 1 slug gun and 1 bow kill. :shock: Lots of blank pages left though. :roll:

1.jpg

Ignore the lousy drawing. I was pretty rusty when I drew it back when I started the scrapbook.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Great idea Patrick...I've got photo albumns that date back to the 60s but not with the type of info you keep. I think I might have a new winter project.

I keep a general notebook. Not too much detail but it can be helpful to review from year to year.

I don't but I wish I had done this for several years. I hunted turkeys with a friend from SW Arkansas who kept a journal of all his hunting trips. He had done this for over 30 years. Sometimes he didn't kill anything but reading about some of his experiences was more than enough to keep you laughing. It made great reading material and will be for generations in his family. He included the day, weather, what he hunted, who he was with, interesting things he observed. It made for some memorable reading! One thing I really liked was I took him on his most memorable turkey hunting ever.

I don't really keep a scrap book but have a folder in my picture files Named hunting. In there I have all the hunting related pictures from my many hunting trips. Includes pictures from past goose hunts, pictures of deer etc. Some of the early pictures were on film and had to scan them onto my hard drive. Just checked and there are 370 odd files which means pictures.

I don't have one for Deer although we do keep a diary for most years in the deer camp.
I do have a picture of every Elk I shot and all the camps we set up, very nice to look at.
Redclub

I have kept a foto album/journal since the mid 1950s of elk, whitetail deer, muledeer, antelope and several other animals and some fish that came my way during those years. It's interesting to look back every once in a while to re-live those moments all over again. And to remember old hunting buddies that have gone on the their happy hunting grounds. At one time there was 5 of us that went on lots of trips, now just ol' Kodiak is left to carry the torch.

Pat- not a nice book like yours,just a hand written journal.I have the date,weather,and a description of the hunt.All the particulars on the deer.How long a shot and where it hit,etc. I take it out and read it every year just before the season opens.Gets me all worked up-LOL.I have kept it since I shot my first deer in 1964.

Charlie

I have several, one for fishin, one for hunting, one for shooting, and one for my old USMC pics.

I just finished my first scrapbook last year, and started a new one. I have every animal I have ever killed and the date weapon and all the specifics. I keep it in my safe now because it is priceless.

I didn't take pics of the four does I shot in the three years prior to this and regret it now. Primarily because I didn't have good camera and was always in a hurry to get them on ice.

I am going to put summaries of those hunts, and my posts about this year's hunts, along with pics of the ones I've got pics of, in a scrapbook. I'm gonna start trying to take a camera with me to the woods to get photos there. They always look their best then, IMO.

I have a lot of pics but they are not in a scrap book. That's something that I've wanted to do but just never got around to it. I even have some pics of big 6 with his deer when he was a kid that would probably crack you up! I really need to make that a priority and git er done! Thanks for the idea!

Scrapbook

Hi Pat:

I have been hunting since 1965 and have keep pics of almost every big game animal I ever shot.

For every buck I have taken, PA or other states, no matter what the size of the rack, I have saved the horns and mounted them on a small wooden plaque, for remembrance of that deer.

I like to write, and when I took an exceptional trophy on any one of my trips to Africa I wrote a short story about the experience. The stories on my 46.5 in Cape Buffalo and Black Bull Giraffe were published in SCI magazine. The last story I just wrote for my 190 class B&C Buck is in the Big Buck Forum Contest, under PAHunter.

I think you did a GRET job in preserving some very special memories that should never be forgotten.

Regards... Jim P.

In 4 years I'll have to start another book. My son will be old enough to hunt here in Illinois then.

Latest posts

Back