Barnes Triple Shock X-bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? I was looking at my Midsouth catalog and noticed they have these in a 45/70 .458 dia. 250 and 300 grain. They have a nice price of around $17 for 50. I don't know how they would shoot but they look like they would be nice.

You know I was wondering the same thing. I am not sure how much velocity it takes to open these bullets up but it sure seems like an economical alternative to the Barnes bullets packaged with sabots.
Art

I was reading about these on Randy Wakemans site a while back and if I remember correctly, he stated they did need a little more velocity to open to 45 degree petals reliably and consistently. At the present, I do not remember the exact velocity but it seemed to be close to 400fps more than their MZ expanders.

That would be an excellent price for Barnes X bullets, and if I could buy them for that they would be my bullet of choice. But, I think that is the price for 20, not 50.

OK you guys are right... I was looking in their catalog and it is a misprint. It does show the 50 box for that price but the web sight shows the 20.

Hey Flint I wish your catalog was right and the website was wrong!!!

Kerry

Latest posts

Back