Disc Elite NFPJ Breech plug question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightfan

Reaction score
I tried to use the new NFPJ breech plug and bolt insert from a friends extreme. It did not work. The insert that slides into the bolt was to wide to fit into the barrel where the breech plug sits. It just would not travel far enough forward for the bolt to lock into firing position.

I was going to order one but I guess I cant!! Maybe Ill give knight a call and see what they say.

Did you have the breechplug bottomed on the shoulder in the barrel? Both of mine work fine.

Yes, the breech plug was in all the way. It just seems that there is not enough room in the barrel before the new insert reaches the breech plug.

I am talking about the diameter of the barrel before the breech plug is to small for the bolt insert

Did you install the bolt insert with the bolt out of the gun? The bolt needs to be out when you put in the insert then reinstall the bolt.

DC

Are you trying to use the original elite bolt or the one that changed it to the red jackets? If I remember correctly the overall bolt lengths were different. You need the bolt that works with the red plastic jackets.

DC

Latest posts

Back