need help please

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmurphy821

Reaction score
I was running a patch through my gun and the insert in the cleaning rod came out of the rod, so now the jag, insert and patch are stuck in my gun.
It is the t/c white mountain carbine its almost the same gun as the new englander except it has a shorter barrel. I was told by one guy to take the nipple out and put FFFg powder in through that hole and then fire it out. Someone else said the the end of the barrel twists off and i should take the end off to get it out. Any suggestions and/or instructions on what i should do or how to take the end of the barrel off. Any help would be appreciated. thnx :)

stuck

CO2 discharger might work. Seems superior to shooting it out. They can be had at cabela's.

i tried using an airline at 110 psi to blow it out and no luck, i loaded a sabot (no bullet) on top of the blockage and it blew it out though (just the sabot).

My 2 cents

Before I fed any powder through the nipple, I'd douse her down with 3M oil and try blowing it out a few more times. If there is a removeable breech-plug, I'd rather go that route that nipple-feeding. The fastest way ain't always the smartest way.

That sounds just like something that would happen to me :cry: My thoughts are to improvise a rod with a wire loop at the end. It could be another ramrod or a wood dowel where a strong wire with a loop can be attached. The wire will have to be substantial enough to hold the loop while threading down the barrel but flexable enough that will enable you to twist it. Number 18 or larger copper wire could work. The ramrod or dowel must allow you to twist the wire fairly strongly. The idea is to loop this over the end of the insert where the jag tapers then twist the rod and wire to hold it firmly while you pull it out. The insert and jag might get against the inside of the barrel and not allow you to loop it. So you might have to turn the gun or poke around with another rod to get it straight. Just my idea but it might be worth a try. Good luck.

I had this happen a couple times I just took the rod and put it in lightly and turn it back on, if you didn't do too much with it, the threads usually stick straight up.
Redclub

Back