Got to vent, some jerk trashed the card in my trailcam...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smong2000

Reaction score
I was all excited to check my camera yesterday after seeing a couple decent bucks in the general vicinity over the last few weeks. Lots of tracks on the trail, including a dirt bike. The camera is on a trail through my property only 300 yds from my house. My jaw dropped when I got to it and found the batteries on the ground and the chip broken to pieces. Looks like someone was trespassing on a dirtbike and didn't want anyone seeing his picture. At least he didn't trash the whole camera. The loss of the chip will cost a few bucks, the loss of a month's worth of pictures really hurts.

thats why I mount my cameras up in a tree 10-12 ft off the ground. pain to get to it to swap cards and batteries but i feel its more secure that way. although if someone REALLY wants to get to it its possible.

This was on your property??? I would be out for blood. Can you track the bike to see where they came in? I tracked some kids who stole our atv a few years back and caught them with it a couple of days after they stole it. Got the atv back, and caught the kids with it, but the youngest kid takes off. The cops were called and just after they show, the mother of the oldest kid shows up, jumps out of her car and says her son couldn't of done it, he was in bed on Sunday with a concussion. We say, hmm, "We never said it was stolen on Sunday, but it was. Funny you know that." Cops still would not take the kid in, said it would be a waste of time. Good lesson learned by all there! My father should have let me thump all three of the kids and been done with it (I was sixteen at the time).

The over all nature of people have changed. Many (not all by any means) people have lost all respect for property and what they consider non important laws, such as trespassing, criminal damage to property, etc. They somehow got the impression that as long as they are not caught, there was no crime committed. I have even heard them joke to such effects.

Also I dealt with parent that were willing to lie to protect their children from criminal prosecution. I always asked them what kind of message they were sending their children when they lied for them. It normally ended in them becoming very defensive and even verbally abusive at time.

Its a shame that things like that have to happen. If you have any idea about who the person was, when you see him next time I would mention it to him. Let him know, that you know.

They somehow got the impression that as long as they are not caught, there was no crime committed. I have even heard them joke to such effects.

Had one heck of a time at one 80 acre place that we own. It is across the road from two sections that an OK City hunting club bunch had leased. The owner of that place overgrazed and there were no birds to hunt. The hunters would cross the road to our little place and hunt in the high grass where the quail were. All the neighbors had trouble with trespassers.

Caught a lot of folks trespassing there. One was a lawyer who was setting a fine example for his 15 year old son. Another was an OK City cop. Finally it all ended when a brand new 4 door Dodge diesel pickup that was parked illegally on a neighbors posted place burned up in a grass fire. No more problem with trespassers. Neighbor swears that he did not do it.

Back