PR Ultimate 45 360gr QT conical

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I ordered a pack just to get the free shipping on the PR vent liners.

Whoever i talked to insisted the 360gr cupped base was the best choice for a 1-28 or 1-30 twist 45. I wanted to try the 300gr just for kicks. Ive shot other flat base conicals upto 325gr just fine.

Anyone tried the 45cal poly tip QT 360gr PR conical?

shot the 250g PR-QT with excellent results but never shot the 360

saxman1 said:
shot the 250g PR-QT with excellent results but never shot the 360

I have also, thats the sabot bullet though, or at least the 250gr i tried was a 40cal BT bullet in a sabot and it did shoot really well.

This is one of their Ultimate series poly tipped conicals in 45cal. I just got the feeling like he was pushing what he wanted to sell instead of what i wanted to buy. Plus they are all cupped bases and i thought their website says they offer them both ways. I prefer a flat base conical.

No big deal, im sure it will shoot fine and i only wanted some so i wouldnt be charged shipping on 4 little vent liners. Their liners have a slightly larger hole than the Lehighs and are flat. I just wanted to give them a try.

The Ultimate 360s arrived today and they are big!!!

The vent liners are a bit different and it will be interesting to see how the PRs compare to the others.

The $10 shipping and currency exchange fee is kind of odd since it has a North Dakota address on the "envelope". :roll:

Maybe that is the customs location but over $10 to ship an envelope? I wont be ordering from them directly anymore.

I ordered directly online from them before and did not notice a currency exchange fee. I could never get their bullets to group in my .50 calibers or .54 caliber.

I got the 45cal 360gr tipped conicals. They do look very nice and the weight was perfect. I just got done adding a very light coating of liquid alox and just a tad of moly to the knurling.

Beat the heck out of the same shipping charges on 4 tiny vent liners and no bullets. :D

I have shot their 45x40 QT 250gr tipped lead boat tails and they shot very well for me. BUT i got them on sale at Cabelas for much less.

These look like they might be fine with a moderate charge. Its a huge chunk of lead. :lol:

Latest posts

Back