This hunt was a little to close for comfort. 10/16/06

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
It was around 5:30 in the evening. Wind started blowing pretty good into my face. I looked up at the top of the hill off my left shoulder there were three Deer. :shock: They were up about 150yds. I was deciding when i turned what i was going to rest my Gun on. I noticed the Deer looking really nervous for some reason. All of a sudden something is running right at me behind me. I turn and freeze. Three Bears stop 20yds from me staring at me. Now what?????? I only have one bullet. :shock: I jerked my hand and they took off running. Thank God. :) Now the Deer are running across the field. I pulled up and the BIG Mama Doe stopped broad side way out there. I layed the cross hairs on the back and pulled the trigger. She ran about 40yds and fell over dead. 8) I walked up the hill to were she was and looked for blood. I found blood but not as much as i expected. Sorry about the bad pic. It was getting late and dark.

2006MuzzleloaderSeason002.jpg

Kudos again Tom! That NULA is gonna be all worn out by the time you get to TEXAS!!! 8) :lol:

More meat on the table!!! How long was this shot? Cant believe how well that gun shoots the Bonded SW!! Good thing cuz I have quite a few on hand!!!

Way to go Grouse! I think you're ahead of all of us! But that's going to change this weekend...RIGHT JD and JJ? 8)

Good story, Tom. Next time bring THREE NULA with you. :lol:

big6x6 said:
Way to go Grouse! I think you're ahead of all of us! But that's going to change this weekend...RIGHT JD and JJ? 8)

I am planning on it!!!

Can you please explain the positive primer extraction? This is the first I saw of them and dang they look nice!

257ROBT said:
Can you please explain the positive primer extraction? This is the first I saw of them and dang they look nice!

To keep it simple, the primer does not get stuck. The bolt pulls it out and you are ready to reload.

big6x6 said:

If all goes as planned we will all catch up with Tom this weekend :prayer:

Nice doe, and excellent shot placement. Congratulations on a great hunt. Them bears can sure put a shiver in you.. :D

Did that bloody your NULA? Congratulations! I'm glad you got your deer and the three little bears didn't get you! :lol:

Harry1 said:
Did that bloody your NULA? Congratulations! I'm glad you got your deer and the three little bears didn't get you! :lol:

Thanks Harry :) I really try not to get any blood on my NULA. :lol:

BTW- Tell your new Wife you want one of those ULA'S for Christmas. :shock: :p :)

Latest posts

Back