PR bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCNS

Reaction score
any one here have experince with these.I am thinking on buying some of there dead center brand .would like some opinions.thanks

I shot the 300 grain a long time ago out of my Black Diamond XR. They loaded real nice and were very accurate. At the time I did not like the price of them compared to some of the bulk brands, so I never bought anymore of them.

I have shot a lot of the PR bullets, and have had decent luck with some. I bought the prepackaged, and didn't have the best luck with accuracy as they weren't a good fit to my bore. You need to know what total bullet and sabot diameter your bore likes. Then you can call PR bullet and order bullets with the correct size sabot as they offer 3 different thickness sabots if i remember correctly. I was thinking about ordering some myself to try in my new rifles. In the past I had the best luck with the 300-340gr bullets.

When I tried them I could not get them to be accurate with my hunting loads, my experience is that all more or less pure lead bullets are going to upset to much for good accuracy with a load that pushes the over 1800 FPS.
The other thing is the price, if you really want to limit yourself by using pure lead bullets then why not swedge your own for very low dost if you make your own equipment and an expenditure you can get back in a hurry if you buy it?

Yeah, they are a little pricey.....................but still cheaper than any of the Barnes bullets. Plus you can get them at Cabelas for less than the factory price.

I use their QTs in my Knight and nothing has proven to shoot any better in my rifle and they have been devastating on the Hogs I've shot with them.

Lee9 may have something with the speed issue - I like the 300 and 350gr models shooting them at 1500fps and can shoot dime-size groups with them out to at least 75 yards.

PR

I am using the Dead Center 240gr and they are very accurate. I am using them for my Illinois hunt this year. I really like em.

Thanks guys I think I will be ordering a couple dozen to try .the 200s and 250s .:)

I never had problems pushing Dead Centers around 2000 fps (.357 195 grain). They were accurate for me (1.5 - 2" groups at 100 yards) but not as accurate as the 200 Shockwaves. I never had a chance to shoot a deer with them, as I switched to other bullets because of the price.

Try the Extreme Elites. They are Dead Centers without the fancy nibbly bit point. Cheaper too. I have whacked many a critter with them.

I tried the Dead Centers out of my Traditions Pursuit XLT and had some good success. At 50 -100 yds I didn't get much difference than from the T/C Shockwaves I was using, but from 100 -200 yds I really noticed an improvement in groups. My buddy and I weighed out and mic'd all the bullets we bought and found less differentiation in size and weights than T/Cs and Hornady's. This is my result from a week ago after playing with several different weights. The left hole was from my buddiy's Savage. The three on the right are mine.

IMG_0055.jpg

PR Dead Center

This is out of my Knight KRB7 Shooting PR Dead Center 240gr bullet.

First shot is low. Adjusted sight second shot is high. Adjusted sight once more and shot a 3 shot group all touching in the center. This is with open sights at 100yards. Load is 240gr PR Dead Center 110gr 777 and CCI primer. Going to scope this puppy and take it to Illinois this year for Whitetail.

photo-1.jpg

dead centers

My disc elit in .50 shhot very well with the 220 dead centers. Killed 3 caribou and 2 deer with them- one shot each. the heavier 300g. don't shoot as well even though the same rifle really likes 300g shockwaves and xtp's

Back