Arrowhead breech plug for Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw that Arrowhead rifles makes a breechplug with the modules for the Encore. I have one for the Remington and really like it. Does anyone have the Encore system? If so how do you like it?

I have 2 Arrowhead re-barreled Encore smokeless muzzleloaders. Really nice rigs. Accuracy is super impressive. I'ts easily a 300 yard hunting rifle.

I have 2 Arrowhead re-barreled Encore smokeless muzzleloaders. Really nice rigs. Accuracy is super impressive. I'ts easily a 300 yard hunting rifle.
I was looking at the breechplug they offer. Not sure if I need to go smokeless yet. Where I hunt my shots are 100 or less. Mostly less like 50 yards or so.

I was looking at the breechplug they offer. Not sure if I need to go smokeless yet. Where I hunt my shots are 100 or less. Mostly less like 50 yards or so.
Why not? Sounds like my hunting situation. Anything you can do with BH209 or subs, you vastly improve on with smokeless.

I’m not going to rule it out. If I find a good deal on a barrel that I just can’t turn down it will probably happen. I would like the accuracy and less cleaning for sure!

I’m not going to rule it out. If I find a good deal on a barrel that I just can’t turn down it will probably happen. I would like the accuracy and less cleaning for sure!
and much more. You will be glad you did!! I know I'm glad I did.

I have the ASG modules for my SML Encore. I also have the ASG 209 plug for the same rifle. I wanted options because I have 209 primers and plenty of BH powder. I really like the modules but it really boils down to personal preference.

Back