Any thought on this company's projectile design...?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Wow,

Not even sure what to think of these..certainly a radical departure from traditional slug design....

http://www.ddupleks.lv/EN/articles/show/products

untitled-3.jpg

shells

If they are accurate they certainly look like they would make a devasating wound channel if penetration is enough.

Re: shells

jims said:
If they are accurate they certainly look like they would make a devasating wound channel if penetration is enough.

True...very True... :D

JC

whoever did the writeup for that slug on the webpage does not use english as a 1st language ...

n8dawg6 said:
whoever did the writeup for that slug on the webpage does not use english as a 1st language ...

Nooo...LOL

English is not the first language taught to Latvian slug makers... :d'oh!:

JC

I think it is innovative and interesting. The web page contains much information concerning interior and terminal ballistics as well as mentioning flight charecteristics. However it would be helpful to know the muzzle velocity, ( it might be there, but I did not see it for any of the slugs) and to know the actual drops and wind drift. I highly doubt a number for ballistic coefficient would be useful and the bullet shape and material would probably not match up well with any ballistic program I am aware of. I do not see all that as a negative though, just an observation. One could easily figure out the velocity and drops rather easily with a little range work. I would think that the wind drift on these would be rather substantial just like it is on most other slugs, maybe even more so, but that is just a guess. They would have to be accurate to get a good idea of their wind drift characteristics as this is usually a little more difficult to figure out then an average for drop rate.
Are these even available in the USA? Also I wonder how the costs compare to other sabot slugs on the market.

Rifleman, a guy at another forum emailed them and got this response-

"The velocity for 28 g models is approx. 420 m/s, for 32 g models - 400
m/s.

Sorry, this is only approximate data.

Best regards,

Andris Stipnieks"

So, with 15.4 grains per gram and 3.28' in a meter:

28g= 432 grains @ 1378 fps
32g= 494 grains @ 1312 fps

No USA distributor yet.

The "slugs" look interesting. I am going to try the Hornady 20 ga. SST slugs in my T/C Encore/pro hunter slug gun as soon as the scope gets here. :?

I am using a Encore frame with a T/C pro hunter 20 ga 28" stainless slug barrel and the Pro hunter forend. The butt stock is the older horse shoe
shaped grip stocks because it has the highest "comb' on a T/C stock and I like the check weld for "slug" shooting. :D

Chocdog

Latest posts

Back