A wonderful gift

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illinoishunter

No Braggin Till You're Draggin
Supporting member
Reaction score
Recieved a box of reloading equipment the other day. The only cost was that I use the equipment as he believed his brother would've wanted it to be used not sit in a box. A very kind act from a man I had never meet until that day. 🙏 A sincere thanks to Paul and his brother. I'll do my best.

20240116_134705.jpg
20240116_134658.jpg
20240116_134649.jpg
20240116_134629.jpg

Still need to go through everything fully. Quite excited to say the least. Will be ordering a digital scale and possibly powder dispenser. Anyone have a good cook book for this? Have alot of studying to do now on powders.

I'm 66 and been at it since I was 23. Back then no computers or You Tube I learned everything from reading and doing it, figuring it out etc. Handloader magazine is the only magazine out there dedicated to handloading. Six issues a year very good well worth it. I now get the digital edition which includes Rifle magazine, Upland Hunting and Black powder cartridge I think it's $25 a year. I only knew two other people who loaded when I started we would share info. You will do good put your mind to it. The results are well worth it. Good luck you are very fortunate.

No jedi master for me. Self taught it will be. So the lymans 51st annual I will go find now.
One of my regular supply houses is midsouthshooterssupply.com they usually have it in stock

I find first setup with a single stage press for a bottle neck rifle round easiest. Feel free to pm with questions

One of my regular supply houses is midsouthshooterssupply.com they usually have it in stock

I find first setup with a single stage press for a bottle neck rifle round easiest. Feel free to pm with questions
I started with shotshells, then straight wall pistol ammo reloading. Ive got bottle neck stuff to reload(.223, 30-06, and 30-30) but always felt like it would be harder. Guess i better get on it.

Recieved a box of reloading equipment the other day. The only cost was that I use the equipment as he believed his brother would've wanted it to be used not sit in a box. A very kind act from a man I had never meet until that day. 🙏 A sincere thanks to Paul and his brother. I'll do my best.

View attachment 40673
View attachment 40674
View attachment 40675
View attachment 40676

Still need to go through everything fully. Quite excited to say the least. Will be ordering a digital scale and possibly powder dispenser. Anyone have a good cook book for this? Have alot of studying to do now on powders.
Good deal. Good start to a great hobby!!!!
No body showed me anything over 20yrs ago when I started. I learned from researching, reading manuals, trail and error and etc. You'll do fine. Be safe and have fun!!

You got a great start there for certain! I zoomed in to look at some pics, saw this…
View attachment 40688
Amazing how those LRMPs used to be $10/1000 and now that would go for $200!
That’s to funny, I actually did the same thing. I have some of those primers, but no tag on them. Back in the 80s I got started when a coworkers dad passed. He asked if I’d be interested in his reloading stuff I said bring it in and I’ll make an offer. Well next day he comes in and it was pretty much a pickup full. I can’t say what I got it for because I don’t want to be called a crook..

Good deal. Good start to a great hobby!!!!
No body showed me anything over 20yrs ago when I started. I learned from researching, reading manuals, trail and error and etc. You'll do fine. Be safe and have fun!!
How I got started a guy at work was getting out of it. He loaded for his dad, brother, and himself. I bought everything he had. I could have went straight home and started loading. I did add an auto powder dispenser. (Lyman 1200 DPS). It didn't take long for me to get it to fit my needs. Now pretty much everything I got I load for.

A little bit on that spirit of giving ,don't you see it brings other people Joy even that aren't involved in it, one other thing, and this is what I wish I understood as a young man ,only give away what you highly value. Keep what you need,, learn to give away what is precious, the best you have.

View attachment 40673
View attachment 40674
View attachment 40675
View attachment 40676

Looks like you got a good start ,I use 2 of those 450 Lymans !! /Ed

Back