Wonder lube???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose1

Reaction score
I see that T/C and Tradition recommend the use of the differents products with Wonder lube.
What is your opinion if I use Blackhorn209?
Right now I use windshield washer with a equal amount of Gaz-line antifreeze,and sinthetic oil to make an oil finish inside and ou of the barrel.
Moose1

moose1

moose explain a little more how you are using this? Inline, sidelock,sabot, wad/bullet??

Bucker, I have a Tradition Pursuit Pro in-line 28" of barrel .
Moose1

Moose1,

I'll take a crack at thisone, there e for sure many more experienced guys than me onhere. If you are shooting sabot bullets as described on here in many posts and BH209 you don't need lube of any sorts. Clean up w/ BH209 is reccommended Hoppes #9, your concoction is more for cleaning or swabbing T7 or BP if anything. All you need for that really is is windex w/ ammonia. When I hear lubes I think sidelocks and round balls or conicals . If you are or have that in your barrel clean it outw/ windex, then alcohol to dry it up. From then on use the Hoppes for cleaning. When storing use a good oil like REM w/out teflon.

Back