.41's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not.
Curious though, have you slid one down the barrel yet to see how it fits?
I have not. Was considering getting them and was hoping someone else had some first hand experience. I currently have some barnes tac xp in 140 grn which are .40/10mm and with the light blue HCR they are a little closer to the looser side than the tight side. A 180 grn .40 hornady xtp fits a little tighter but nowhere near hard to load.

I havent either, but i do have a box of .40 180 XTPs that im going to try after deer season. In a smokeless gun(1:18”) and a 45 Accura(1:22”). I bet they(the .41s) will shoot great in a 1:28” or 1:30” if they arent too tight.
If any barrel will take them .41s well, it’ll be a CVA 45 like the MR-x or LR-x with the looser barrels, i think.

I have not. Was considering getting them and was hoping someone else had some first hand experience. I currently have some barnes tac xp in 140 grn which are .40/10mm and with the light blue HCR they are a little closer to the looser side than the tight side. A 180 grn .40 hornady xtp fits a little tighter but nowhere near hard to load.
I find it hard to get saboted .40s to group when they are less than 150 grains in weight. I've got good groups with 150 grainers but it takes a healthy powder load( i.e 120 grains per volume BH209)

.40 cal 200 grain XTPs shoot like a chief out of my 1:28 .45 Kodiak with a 28" barrel. 63 grains weighed of BH209, bullet in a blue crush rib.
Great bullet. Shoots well out of all my .45s. I get good groups also using the tan MMP sabots in one MLer with a looser bore.

That's good to know MrTom I am gathering supplies to work up a load for the kodiak I just got from MrJim
Honestly I am thinking of going back to the 200 grain xtps for hunting with the Kodiak. I'm currently loading a 195 grain Barnes Expander but the xtps are way more consistent and much tighter grouping at 100 yards.

I shoot them in my 3 45 caliber with 70 grains by weight with smooth blue harvesters out of my CVAs. 1/2 inch groups at 100 yard.

I havent either, but i do have a box of .40 180 XTPs that im going to try after deer season. In a smokeless gun(1:18”) and a 45 Accura(1:22”). I bet they(the .41s) will shoot great in a 1:28” or 1:30” if they arent too tight.
If any barrel will take them .41s well, it’ll be a CVA 45 like the MR-x or LR-x with the looser barrels, i think.
did you get a chance to try them yet ? i was in bass pro tuesday and they had a box of 100 180 grain for $25 .

thanks , i've been thinking them vs .40 GTs for something cheap to use with sabots to punch paper and get used to my 45 when i get it .

The Barnes 41 180gr are kinda getting hard to find. I want to try the Fury 41 210gr.

Latest posts

Back