340g Bore Driver ELDX

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably got 10-12 notices last week that online sources (Brownells, Powder Valley, Precision, Natchez) had them in stock. So, they seem to be getting easier to find (online).
Thanks.
I received some notices about brands other than Winchester.
I’m just being too picky I suppose.

G_0641.jpg

Prior to this morning this bullet has always been shot using Federal 209A primers. Ignition has been perfect, and the Bestill breech plug used has been 100% blow by free.

This morning it was decided to try the Remington STS primer just to satisfy a little curiosity. Because the STS primers are so much shorter shooting them requires a longer breech plug be installed in the Omega rifle. A Bestill plug cut to length just for the STS primer was utilized; the photo shows there was zero blow by.

Five shots were made at the top target.

G_0639.jpg

The STS primer works good.

Last edited:
View attachment 44304

Prior to this morning this bullet has always been shot using Federal 209A primers. Ignition has been perfect, and the Bestill breech plug used has been 100% blow by free.

This morning it was decided to try the Remington STS primer just to satisfy a little curiosity. Because the STS primers are so much shorter shooting them requires a longer breech plug be installed in the Omega rifle. A Bestill plug cut to length just for the STS primer was utilized; the photo shows there was zero blow by.

Five shots were made at the top target.

View attachment 44306
Was the wind blowing Ron? Looks like quite a bit of horizontal dispersion.

Latest posts

Back