Hunterman Bullets in PROGRESS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad Mark is getting things up and running. He seems like a really nice guy. I wish he would post more! :cry:

big6x6 said:
I'm glad Mark is getting things up and running. He seems like a really nice guy. I wish he would post more! :cry:

Mark IS one of the really good guys-- I wish he had a bit more co-operation from die-makers, etc., that really have cramped his style.

Mark makes some beautifully made bullets, if you know what you want. Problem is, most people really don't know what they want. :?

I bot come custom ML cappers and a treestand retriever device (BOOGER) from Mark and he is one great guy to do business with! :D

Mark is not only a great guy, but he's one of us. Mark can basically make anything you like. In fact, I have some 45/50 Elite copy's on their way to try with my Lyman Deerstalker.

Ed

edmehlig said:
Mark is not only a great guy, but he's one of us.

Hi Ed,

I don't know exactly how Mark will take that one. :shock:

Mark seems a bit shy about talking about his bullets, so I'll try to bring him out of his shell. For conical fans, Mark has Whites, and can make .451 and .504 compatible bullets in any weight you like------- I've heard good comments about everything in the 455 to 495 grain category.

For sabot shooters, Mark is also an MMP stocking dealer. The short, black MMP sabots seem to work the best with his .451 "Mag-Tip" more blunt Keith Nose variation bullets and also his .451 Spitzer Hollow points-- whatever he calls them.

I prefer his .451 Spitzer rebated boat tail hollow points. In the Savage, the 280 grain weight shoots fabulously well--- (1:24 rate of twist barrel).

For Knights / Thompsons and other good 1:28 rate of twist Triple 7 guns, a 245 grain .451 Spitzer rebated boat tail hollow point (also with the short, black MMP sabot) is the way to go.

Mark's bullets are handmade by Mark himself, and the ones I've tried can only be considered "Match Grade" bullets-- within just two tenths of one grain weight from bullet to bullet. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good post Randy!

I too have nothing but good to say about Mark! I had some of his 350-400gr sample pack.. and they are excellent bullets! Mark is an A+ guy as well!

Last I talked with him, he only had dies for .451 whites... he said his .504 dies/sizers were on order tho. Maybe they are in now? I havent heard from him since.

JJ, whut the heck is a .451 anyway??? :lol: :lol:

I'd like to throw a few of Marks .504's if available. Last I heard they were not.

Loggy said:
JJ, whut the heck is a .451 anyway??? :lol: :lol:

squirrel.jpg

I think Squirrel Man Mehlig will soon be barkin! :lol:

:lol: Plus Randy, likely not as much trailing involved! :lol:

Hi Ed, knew some good ole squirrel talk would get a rise from ya!

Hey, those lil hose inserts you sent me fit great in my Super 91!!! You or Bob should put up a Thread and share this lil tip and some others I'm sure you guys have!!! Thanks again Ed. :D

RE: Hunterman's Site: I tried the Query to send a ? regarding the availability of .504's and it doesnt work. So i tried Marks email link and same thing ....NO WORK. Looks like phone contact only option left currently. Oh well, nice site anyway. :D

edmehlig said:
Mark is not only a great guy, but he's one of us. Mark can basically make anything you like. In fact, I have some 45/50 Elite copy's on their way to try with my Lyman Deerstalker.

Ed

Good idea Ed. Let me know how that works. :)

Latest posts

Back