• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WITHDRAWN 1873 Cattleman Cap and Ball Revolver

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sound Tribe

Reaction score
I have been looking for one of these reproduction 1873 Cattleman black powder 44cal cap and ball revolvers. They're a regular percussion system like the other Colts but not an open top style and in the Model P/Peacemaker/Single Action Army style. I know they take some extra work like removing the cylinder to load but I'd love to try one out.

If anyone has the Uberti 3.5" barrel model with the birdshead grip that would be preferred, otherwise I would be fine with the "quickdraw" 4.75" barrel model

Pietta makes them as well, but I usually prefer Uberti and having no barrel markings, but will entertain offers for any of these guns, even the longer barrel versions

I have multiple positive feedback posts from the tradition muzzleloading forum and many more on other forums that I can share.
(Under same username: Sound Tribe)

Thanks

Not related to the title but figured I'd add these in...

I would also be in the market for:

-Sharps Rifles or Carbines
-Remington Revolving Carbine
-Rogers & Spencer Revolver

A few TC rifles:
-TC Scout Carbine
-TC Cherokee + Seneca in 36 or 32 caliber
-TC Hawken

I just saw one of the 73’s on EMF the other day. They have them in stock
Thanks

I am hoping to find one used though, unless it's a Uberti (Birdshead 3.5" or Quickdraw 4.75" model) the no warning marks on the barrels is a huge thing for me. I'd buy a Pietta used though... I saw a brass frame Uberti 4.75" at LG Outdoors but I've heard they don't have such a good reputation

Withdrawn thread - found a revolver

Still in market for:

Sharps rifle or carbine

Remington Revolving Carbine

TC Cherokee, Seneca, or Hawken

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back