Zero shift

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
If you pull the barrel from the stock on a sidelock to clean the exterior how much shift of zero if any will you get when you put it back together ?

No change of POI here, My barrels are in & out of my Stocks EVERY time i Shoot so i can properly Clean.

At some of the distances i shoot i would DEFINITELY know if there was any changes
This being my Most Recent Long Range Sidelock Shoot, 750 Yards with my .50 Cal, 615 Grain Paper Patch Bullets đź‘Ť

Never had any shift.
This idea has always been in the back of my mind, so when I made my last peep sight, I mounted on the barrel so that no matter how it reassembled the sights would be lined up with the bore. It was the only way I could be positive that a slight shift in accuracy was caused by something other than mounting the rear sight off the barrel. My inability to shoot peep sites as accurately as I should be able to, led me to try and eliminate all other causes. I use a fairly large peep, as I also hunted with this rifle and I have tried small peeps in the past with disappointing results. I see by the posting here that most feel there's no effect.
Squint

Last edited:
Back