Zero shift

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
If you pull the barrel from the stock on a sidelock to clean the exterior how much shift of zero if any will you get when you put it back together ?

No change of POI here, My barrels are in & out of my Stocks EVERY time i Shoot so i can properly Clean.

At some of the distances i shoot i would DEFINITELY know if there was any changes
This being my Most Recent Long Range Sidelock Shoot, 750 Yards with my .50 Cal, 615 Grain Paper Patch Bullets 👍

Never had any shift.
This idea has always been in the back of my mind, so when I made my last peep sight, I mounted on the barrel so that no matter how it reassembled the sights would be lined up with the bore. It was the only way I could be positive that a slight shift in accuracy was caused by something other than mounting the rear sight off the barrel. My inability to shoot peep sites as accurately as I should be able to, led me to try and eliminate all other causes. I use a fairly large peep, as I also hunted with this rifle and I have tried small peeps in the past with disappointing results. I see by the posting here that most feel there's no effect.
Squint

Last edited:
Back