Ypu have any advice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone from the Dent's Run / Hicks Run area of PA have any locations for me to start scouting for elk? I've been fortunate enough to draw an anterless tag for zone 3. I am heading up there Monday to look around and also a few other times. I seen there are a few food plots along the ridge lines and the flats on top of the mountains there that I have pinpointed on my GPS. This should be better spots because the elk will have been done breeding by then and will want to be fattening up for winter.

Anyone from the Dent's Run / Hicks Run area of PA have any locations for me to start scouting for elk? I've been fortunate enough to draw an anterless tag for zone 3. I am heading up there Monday to look around and also a few other times. I seen there are a few food plots along the ridge lines and the flats on top of the mountains there that I have pinpointed on my GPS. This should be better spots because the elk will have been done breeding by then and will want to be fattening up for winter.
Good luck Bronko22000. pa. with a herd of approx. only 1000 head is slim pickin's. I'd really like to see that herd increase dramatically for hunters and watchers alike. Basically the farmers have had enough pull to keep the herds down due to crop damage. A real shame. Not only a majestic animal but very healthy eating and quite elusive.
Again congratulations on the tag and good fortune hunting. Enjoy and be safe.

go up on top of houston hill ,park at the gate and go all the way back . there is a feild on the left go back in there to the edge and follow the edge back to the car ,you will see elk . i got mine in 2012

Having grown-up in PA I wish I could offer you some quidance but I know absolutely nothing about how to hunt an Elk. They were only being introduced into PA when I moved.

Good luck with the draw and I'd be really interested in how your PA Elk season went... success or not.

Back