Ease of operation and cleaning?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter8282

Reaction score
Comparing the Omega and the Triumph how would you rate the ease of operation and ease of cleaning of each rifle?

I prefer the Omega, but I have been shooting one for over 6 years. The Omega is easy to disassemble and clean--push out a couple pins and the whole trigger/breech mechanism falls out in your hand. The breech plug is easily removed with a 3/8" ratchet and a deep socket. If the scope is mounted in Warne QD rings it makes cleaning even easier.

But they are both very reliable, accurate rifles. And with noncorrosive Blackhorn209 powder they are both easy to maintain in good shape.

I picked the Triumph for the break open action and the easy to remove breech plug - no tools required.. also the ~3.5 lb trigger..

With the triumph move the trigger guard forward the action opens up, remove the breech plug with a 1/4 turn counter clockwise twist and you are ready to go.. You can easily use the Otis type cables or the ramrod once the breech plug is removed..

BUT I love the thumb hole omega stocks.. way comfortable.. I wish they would offer the triumph with a thumbhole

brian

IMHO, check out the CVA optima elite and the accura. You can get them both in the thumbhole stock, they have the break action, BP is way easy to remove AND they have the bergara barrel. accuracy guarantee

cva

I think he asked which would you perfer the omega or triumph. Andy do you own stock in cva?

do you own stock in toyota? :wink:

I'd take the triump over the omega. Omega is a PITA to clean. Been there, done that, Not going back.

frontier gander said:
Omega is a PITA to clean. Been there, done that, Not going back.

huh? I don't understand that comment. I have put a couple thousand rounds through Omegas and they are easy to clean and maintain.

What's a PITA about this?
IMGP1864.jpg

That picture shows one part of it being a pain.

Just the fact of having to remove the stock every time you need to clean it properly, Cleaning the block.

Break open is much easier.

paia

I have owned and cleaned an Omega for years now... I would rate the ease of cleaning up in the 8-9 on a 10 point scale... Piece of cake.

I really do not find it that much more difficult than my break open - acually there are parts that are much easier to clean...

Easy..

They all have to be cleaned well sooner or later...

Another fact - break opens will loosen and eventually effect accuracy... even the best break open shot guns in the world have to be re-built on occasions...

I've never owned an Omega so I can't tell you the ease of cleaning and operation. I do however own a Triumph and it's very easy to clean and maintain. But with any rifle, theres always some degree of effort in the cleaning process. If you're thinking about purchasing one of these rifles pick them up and see how each one feels and then make your choice. You can't go wrong with either one!

Re: cva

toyota18396 said:
I think he asked which would you perfer the omega or triumph. Andy do you own stock in cva?

Nope, the Elite and the Accura are just really nice guns. Ain't that right FG 8) 8) 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back