Disc Elite vs. Disc Extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have and oppertunitity to purchase a Knight Disc Stainless barrel and Camo stock. How do you tell a Disc elite from a Disc Extreme and are ther more versions of the Disc line out there. Would it be labled on the barrel? Are there any performance differences? Which would be better the elite or the extreme? Does it not really matter? Thanks

The Elite, in many minds is better. They consistently shoot well.
The Extreme is also very accurate. In many cases they will keep right up with the Elite.
The differences are:

Elite has NO sites
Tapered 26" barrel
Cantilevered Mounting Lug
Free Floated barrel ( should be able to slide a dollar bill between the stock and the barrel all the way to the mounting bolt. Or close)

The Elite will point, swing, and shoot like a fine center fire.

The Extreme:
It has Williams Fire Sights
Heavy barrel (no taper)
Mounting lug is NOT cantilevered
Barrel is NOT free floated

Extreme points, swings and shoots more like a heavy barreled gun would.

Both have adjustable triggers that are sweet.

The fastest way to tell them apart ...the sights

What is the price? Is it new or used? If it is used in VGC $200-$225 is a good price.

It's used priced at $225 with scope mounts but no scope just open sights. I have contacted the seller via E-Mail for pictures and I'm currently waiting on a response.

If the bore is in good condition it is a good deal. You might be able to get another $25.00 off or have the Seller pay for shipping.

Ok here is a opinion question. I hunt most of the time with my Ithaca Deerslayer. I have mounted my scope with Warne QD rings and this allows me to remove my scope for doing drives and for stalking. I find it easierto aquire a moving target with open sights. That being said would moer people prefer to use open sights of an Extreme or be bound to scope only on an Elite? Opinions please?

You are evidently a young fellow that does not yet have to use reading glasses. My opinion is that if you can't acquire your target quickly with a scope you either are using the wrong scope or your rifle does not fit you. When we use an iron sight our eyes have to focus on three things. The rear sight, the front sight and the target. Where as using a scope our eye has only one thing to focus on--- the target. Much easier for me anyway. I use a Wide Angle 2-7x 35mm Burris w/B-plex. Natchez has them on sale this month for around $120. With 2x you can see both ends of your buck at 25 feet and 7x will not impede you from making a 250 yd shot on your buck. Good shooting!

Once you get a Knight that Ithaca is going to be spending alot of time in the safe as mine does. I like the Leupold VX-3 2.5-8 x 36mm scope. Like stated in the previous post, low power is great for fast target aquisition and higher powers work great for longer range shooting. I would buy the Elite if they are both in the same condition and price range without reservation. Did you find the Elite locally as I might buy it if you decide to go with the Extreme?

No I found the Elite on Gunbroker, since the gentleman selling the extreme has not gotten back to on weather or not it sold. However I'm working down some leads on a LRH and the same person has an elite for sale I can ask how much but there in wisconson.

The LRH is too heavy IMO, but it would make a great tree stand gun. Let me know what you find out about the Elite.

Latest posts

Back