Sabot Diameters!?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinks

Reaction score
Been reading that some sabots may not fit a certain bore as well as another sabot!? I'm planning on shooting Hornady 45/240grn XTP. Will these be tight enough in my Traditions 209 Tracker!? Also, notice on my barrel that it is stamped as a 1 in 48 twist, Traditions only lists this gun with a 1 in 28, Cleaned all the packaging grease and stuff out tonight, while running my cleaning rod through I marked and watched to see how many turns it would make. The gun has a 24" barrel, one push through and it made ~ a 3/4 turn! Now i'm not to good with math but a 3/4 turn on 24", would that not put it @ ~ a 1 in 28 twist!!?? Thanks for listening and thanks for any in put!!

Perry

pinks

If you look in this thread you might find exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... php?t=9798

Also, notice on my barrel that it is stamped as a 1 in 48 twist, Traditions only lists this gun with a 1 in 28
I can not imagine that a tracker is not a 1/28 twist BUT, i would call traditions and let them know about the stamping on your barrel... Personally I would want the correct stamping displayed on the barrel. If you ever go to re-sale it - that stamp might be a hang-up..

Caliber Barrel Twist Rate

1 in 28" look again on your barrel ,i would be surprized that they stamped 48 instead of 28

black powder said:
Caliber Barrel Twist Rate

1 in 28" look again on your barrel ,i would be surprized that they stamped 48 instead of 28

It's clearly stamped with a 1/48" twist. I e-mailed Traditions last night, hope it doesn't take to long to get a message back from them!! Sabotloader, thanks for the info, appreciate it!!

IMG_4054.jpg

Perry

WOW!!! That was quick!!! Just checked my e-mail, Traditions got back to me in less then 6hrs!! The e-mail says that it is a missed stamped barrel, the 209 Tracker is sold only in 1/28" twist rate!! I'm impressed with the costumer service!!

Perry

Back