Working on the food plots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokin' Joe

Reaction score
My son-in-law Ben has some property and last year we started some food plots. We have about 6 plots going. The plots cover about 5 acres. To raise the ph level up some I pulled a spreader behind my UTV and spread about 8,000 lbs of lime on the plots. Ben's dad went behind me with a tractor and tiller and tilled it. Good start.

Sounds fantastic. I've always dreamed that f working the land for wildlife management. I've got great ideas, just no land! 😉I Do you have thick bedding areas establishe in the vicinity of the plots? Got shooting houses, blinds, or tree Stands? Love to see some photos as it develops. Hope you get just the right amount of rain.

Yes to all your questions. The property is approximately 277 acres. Lots of woods with well established logging roads through out the property. We use a brush hog on all the trails to keep them mowed and free of falling branches, etc. A small creek also runs through the property. Two man ladder stands are positioned by some of the plots, one box blind by another. I do have a ladder stand by my plot but I also like to move around a little so I use my Summit Viper portable quite a bit also. 8 game cameras to see what is going on. We get pictures of bear, wolves, coyotes, turkeys, bobcats and of course deer. So it is pretty wild country. I'll post a few pics as we progress. I even filled my turkey tag this year on the property!

Nice bird Smokin" Joe, use to hunt then all the time when younger, thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back