300gr Saber tooth bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
What the heck is with these? I shot them out of my Accura today. They did the same thing in my brothers cva hawken.

They shot Aprox. 6" lower than the 348gr Powerbelts but still grouped 2 1/2"

Also rainy/muggy weather and that made it uncomfortable, esp when swabbing.

Gas check stayed on the bullet
300grsabretooth001.jpg

300grsabretooth002.jpg

I've never used them Gander, so don't know what the norm is for them. But the picture of an expanded Saber Tooth bullet on Harvester's web page indicates that the base should not stay attached. Also, the slits in the forward portion of the base should provide for quick release of the bullet. How hard is it to remove the base from an unfired bullet?

I have shot a LOT of them, and never once had the end stick with the bullet. I was more worried it would come off when loading. As for why it shot low, it could have been a ballistics thing. I really do not know.

Never had that problem with any of the TC. Possibly to loose a fit or the whip of a particular barrel. Lee

I never could get them to group well out my Omega with T7. I haven't tried them with anything else.

I killed a couple of bucks with them in 25- 45 yd range and neither bullet exited. The deer died, one almost DRT the other ran off no blood trail for about 75 yds till I saw him belly up.

I never had a problem with the skirt staying on either. Still have a pack of them may try them in the White .504 for grins.

Back