Ramrods

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might depend on which ML you have.I have a NEF Heritage and a rod made by Ben Hubbard.Very well made and a work of art to say the least.

I have a older CVA that doesn't get much use that I have a Cabelas rod for,it does the job but not like my Hubbards rod.

Just my two cents...

Steve

The rod for my Kodiak 45 cal broke when I was loading some 300g SST's
I may order the one that has the spin jag on it.
I forget who makes it.

RMC sports

I use the RMC sports black anodized solid aluminum rod....it is high quality and they will cut one to your exact spec if you desire.....good company - good service! I also hear that the Spin Jag Folks in Richmond are making rods now....have not used theirs but I use the Spin Jag all the time.....quality product!

For hunting or for range use?

For the range I recently picked up a "Lifetime Range Rod" that is solid brass/aluminum and looks like it will live up to its name although I have not yet used it. Very beefy.

saxman1 said:
I forget who makes it.

Go right to spinjags web site its the GIRamrod and you give them a couple of measurements from your current rod and they will make you one that will fit in its place with the spinjag attached. I have one for my savage and love it.

DC

http://www.spinjag.com/index.php

minst7877 said:
saxman1 said:
I forget who makes it.

Go right to spinjags web site its the GIRamrod and you give them a couple of measurements from your current rod and they will make you one that will fit in its place with the spinjag attached. I have one for my savage and love it.

DC

Thank's
Thats the one I want

Ditto what minst7877 said; I have one for my Triumph and it fits & works great.

At the range, I use a solid brass ramrod from RMC. These are available in assorted standard and custom lengths. The extra weight and stiffness makes seating even a tight fitting load effortless.

saxman1 said:
minst7877 said:
saxman1 said:
I forget who makes it.

DC

Thank's
Thats the one I want

I started shopping around and found a factory rod for $10.83 from eders
Hard to beat that so I ordered it.

I love my T/C Power Rod for quick reloads while hunting. But for the range I use a heavy-duty Knight range rod with a SpinJag on the end of it.

I'm gonna try the giRamrod with the SpinJag attached to fit within 1/8" of the end of the barrel and threaded at both ends. A few reviews on Cabelas say they, T/C Power Rod, ended up being too short on the Omega, which I have. And unable to screw something on both ends also.

Latest posts

Back