Tomorrow's project Knight Turkey Gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I inserted three of each of the wads in a no constriction choke tube to prevent the sides of the wad from deflecting under the load of the shot and filled the wad to the level top with #6 lead shot. I weighed each payload on a postal scale that is calibrated to the tenth oz and averaged the results. They are:

Knight 3 ?? wad = 2.23 oz.
Ballistic Products TPS 3 ?? = 2.3 oz
Ballistic Products Multi-Metal = 2.27 oz

Chuck ? looks like your measurements are spot on. How?d them Knight boys get 2 ? oz in there? Must us the same dipper that I do.

The BP catalog data is always a little on the light side when compared to muzzleloaders. When loading in a shell you will loose about an 1/8 oz for the crimp.

A 30? circle has no use for turkey patterns (although it might help for aiming point if you are shooting at 75 yds). The turkey game is pretty much defined as 6?x2?, about like a strip of duct tape. I have an 8 ? x 11 target that Winchester put out in the late 1980?s. I?ll post a link to it on the turkey target thread for anyone interested. I also have some of the NWTF still targets. I?ll check to see if there is a copyright, if there is none, I will scan one and post it too.

Guy named slopp o matik on another forum who has done extensive testing with a tominator has introduced a load using hevishot and buffer material. Pretty incredible group. I think he inked the shot holes to make them show up better. Would hate to be on the receiving end of this, no place to hide! Buffer is found here:

http://www.precisionreloading.com/buffer.htm

whitetominator665hastinzx0.jpg

Load Information: 100 grains Goex ffg black powder, BP Turkey Ranger "2-ounce" capacity wad, 2 ounces of Hevi-Shot #6s, one small scoop spherical buffer, and plain 1/16" white BP cardboard overshot card.

Shotgun: White "Ray Eye" Tominator 12GA Muzzleloading Shotgun

Choke Tube: Hastings .665" i.d., 1-inch Extended "Choke II" choke tube (factory OEM)

Distance: 40 Yards.

Looks like those turke rangers are a must have!!!!

Scott Kirsch (aka Slop), and a buddy of mine,,, has done a few mods to that gun. 8) :wink: I think he has 4 of 'em now that he's working with.

Sloppy just won the World Championship Stillboard shoot, using the Indian Creek choke system with his 20ga.

Took 2nd in the ML'ing class.

http://www.indiancreekss.com/home.htm

This is all I can relate as far as guns used,,etc.

8)

I DO know that Scott helped me decide which choke system to use with my 870 SPS-T sporting a 23" barrel. It was the IC Black Diamond Striker .665. 8)

Unbelieveable patterns using the Hevi-13 loads. :shock:

Latest posts

Back