Blackhorn 209 & the Ultimate Slam

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_vanfossen

Reaction score
What powder/loads have you guys worked out that works well with the SABR?

I'm dying to get one of these scopes.

thanks

I have a Omega and a Ultimate slam scope. So far I have used 100 grains of blackhorn and TC 250 superglideswith pretty good results. The scope is the real deal and really like it. My groups are about 1 1/2" at 100 yards. At my range where I shoot we have a 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges. I sighted it in at 50 yard with the top circle and proceeded down the line with 1" high at 100 yards and 3" low at 200 yards. I'm sure there are more shooters on the site that can tell you alot more. My time is really limited so I haven't really sat down and really worked at finding the perfect load for this combination, but I am confident if a deer walks in my sights I will be able to put one in the boiler house. :)

thanks for the info. I have rifleman 3-9x50 I'd like to trade or sell for a slam.

But if the reticles only work with a really high load of BH209 I'll stike with my Leup.

Going to go hunt my BP for the first time in the morning!

Brian

I would say I'm in the middle of the road with 100 grains of Blackhorn 209. Top load would be 120 grains. Good luck in the morning. :)

I shoot an Omega with an 3-9X Ultimate Slam and 110 grns BH209, Harvester SB Sabot and 250 grn T/C ShockWave. 100 yd three shot groups are under an inch.

2 1/2" high at 100 yds with the crosshair is dead on at 200 with the first dot

Latest posts

Back