Winchester model 70 left hand

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally my long wait and search for a LH model 70 really paid off big time.  I saw one on Proxibid in 270WSM.  Not my first choice of chamberings but what the heck, for $400 I put in the opening bid.(I would have much preferred it to be a .270 Win). Whagt caught my eye was the beautiful wood in the stock.  I'm a sucker for gorgeous walnut. Turns out I was the only one that bidded on it. 
After finding out I won the rifle I went to the Win site to see when it was made and couldn't find any info on the SN.  So I sent an email to Winchester customer service and they came back with the following:  The Model 70, SN: XXXXXX in question is a custom build on a left hand short action in 270WSM manufactured in 2002. 
Going to Gunsamerica and searching prices for Winchester custom builds in general I found that they are going for upwards of $4500!
Doing some more research on the cartridge, as much as I love the .270 Win hunting with one for about 30 years and several states, this is basically a 270 Win on steroids.  Several articles state it is an excellent long range cartridge.  I have a Leupold 4.5 - 14X scope on the way for it.
I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Sometimes lefties like you and I can find some really nice deals  :ttups: with a market majority geared for right-handers.
That's a great cartridge for 300+ yarders bronko22000.
Send us some pics if you can of that walnut stock :)

What a deal. I always wanted one when I was shooting CF guns. I did find a LH Rem 700 in .270. Jon refinished it for me. I wish I had kept it now. It would be a good bear gun.

Enjoy your Win 70.

Im kinda messed up I shoot rifles and shotguns right handed but pistols and revolvers left handed .The only problem i have with that is the safety on many pistols some you can get ambidextrous but many you cannot . Ive tried to convert to all right but couldnt  hit anything with a handgun right handed.

Pete I had a chance many years ago to buy one in 375 H&H but was out of work at the time and couldn't spare the cash. That rifle would also have been worth a bundle right now.

What a dummy I am. Maybe old man with no memory is a better description. I did have a Model 70 pre 64 in .458 mag. I bought it from a guy who used it in Africa for the Big 5. I bought it for Alaska as protection from Grizz. You jogged my memory when you mentioned the .375. Man, that was 50 years ago.

With a 500gr bullet it had quite a recoil. Knocked my hat off the first time I shot it. :D

I hear ya. I shot a 460 Weatherby Mag one time off hand. I held that sucker tight against my shoulder relaxed my lower back and squeezed the trigger. That beast rotated my upper body 90* from the target. I was aiming at a steel plate at the 200 yard range and it hit the plate so hard it busted the crossbar it was hanging from!

Latest posts

Back