Medium or High Rings?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

double brow

Reaction score
Purchased a Nikon Omega scope for my T/C Omega. Iam going to use Warne Maxima one piece base and warne rings, not the quick disconnect. Should i go with medium or high rings with this setup? Thanks.

Medium! Anytime you can you want to keep the scope as close as possible to the barrel for better accuracy and less chance of the scope getting knocked off zero.

Cajun said:
Medium! Anytime you can you want to keep the scope as close as possible to the barrel for better accuracy and less chance of the scope getting knocked off zero.

Yeah, but if it's too low it will interfere with cocking the hammer. Even with the Swing Hammer on an Encore.

SWThomas said:
Cajun said:

Yeah, but if it's too low it will interfere with cocking the hammer. Even with the Swing Hammer on an Encore.

That's one of the reasons I said "as close as possibile". :wink:

Cajun said:
SWThomas said:
Cajun said:

That's one of the reasons I said "as close as possibile". :wink:

me too :lol:

I ended up going with the Warne weaver style base and Warne weaver style high rings. Absolutely perfect!!!

Back