Accura is doing a little better but still needs tweaking

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
After being told to change the sabot, I tried Harvesters E-Z Load Premium High Preasure Sabots. Things got a little better but nothing to brag about. I'm going to order some MMPs but I'm trying to get it to shoot what I have on hand. I first tried 90gr JSG ffg then upped it 5gr and to the last 3 shots of 100gr and I'm only shooting at 65yrds. I'm really trying to get it to shoot the JSG powder because I like the cleaner powder over Triple 7. The barrel got hot and so did the temperture so I didn't get to try T7. Maybe one day next week. Heres what it did today. (I just put all of the targets in 1 pic to save upload time)
001-1.jpg

Well I am certainly not a T7 fan but as long as you have some when you try it wait 3 minutes then clean the barrel well [T7 has its own special kind of dirt and shoots much better out of a clean barrel. Its just the opposite of Blackhorn. Pyrodex has a soft dirt residue and you can usually load 3 to 5 shots depending on the load and type of ignition.

Back