Bought a Renegade (picture added)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
For $63.00 out the door today. The stock isn't too bad but the metal has quite a bit of active rust. I'm not sure the barrel can be saved.

I found a 1" .54 caliber T/C Hawken barrel for it at a reasonable price. I already have an extra rammer for a 28" barrel and I like the brass pipes & Hawken style sights better. Hopefully I can sell the Renegade barrel for something.

Here she is after inital clean up.

100_2286-1.jpg

nice wood grain. I'd strip that orange finish off and give it a nice stain to bring out that figure.

T/C returned my Renegade lock one week after I mailed it to them with a new sear & tumbler installed at no charge. It works fine now.

Can't beat TC's repair service. Within the last six months they sent me a new off-set hammer for one of my scoped Renegades, repaired a Hawken lock with a broken tumbler shaft and missing fly, and replaced a set trigger group that had a broken front trigger with an entirely new trigger group - all at no charge and each time within a week of receiving my request.

Back