Items you take to the Range?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbidwe

Reaction score
OK, I am about to in the next week go to the range for the first time with my new ML and want to know what other forum members like to take to the range. I have started a list on a piece of paper, but it is nice to see what others take as well in their "range bag".

Post what powder you plan on shooting at the range because the products needed for cleanup and between shots will be different if you are using Triple 7 for example as compared to BH 209.

in that case, just bring extra powder, bullets and primers :lol: BH209 even helps cut back on how many tools you carry! Not sure what rifle you are shooting but you'll need to bring a drill bit so you can cut the carbon out of the breech plugs flash channel.

i always try to remember to bring some solvent to clean up as i go and a small tool kit

pbidwe said:
OK, I am about to in the next week go to the range for the first time with my new ML and want to know what other forum members like to take to the range. I have started a list on a piece of paper, but it is nice to see what others take as well in their "range bag".

This was my last trip to the range :lol: :oops: :?
Zen

redneck-moving-huge-pile-rooftop.jpg

Panhandle said:
pbidwe said:

Zen

NICE :lol:

Bring an extra gun

I find if I just bring my ML, I am sorely pressed to wait enough between shots to let the barrel cool, especially in the warm months. So I bring my .308, revolver, whatever I have ammo for to shoot when my ML barrel needs to cool down. Once I get a second ML (yes, I only have one), I'll bring that.

Just bring a target that has several bullseyes!

I have a large tool box as a shooting box tools, powder, cleaning suplies, every thing I need even paper and pen to keep records on.

shouldnt that be a fur hat on your head and not a towel? :lol:

Panhandle said:
pbidwe said:

Zen

zen what's the tuba for, be a bear to do a ta-daaaaaaaaaaa when you make that 1 hole group @ 300 :D :D

I purchased a large size tackle box for all my muzzle loading needs that I have accumulated over the years.

I always take along my cleaning ramrod and seldom use the one out of my gun at the range even for loading.

I have everything needed to take my gun apart (and more) allen and star wrenches for removing my scope(s) if necessary. Screw drivers, ball starters, ball removers. Cleaning jags, patches, solvents and a variety of ammo types and weights (if I am experimenting with loads and bullets), and plenty of powder.

I carry more than I will ever need, but on more than one occasion I have had folks approach me at the range and ask if I have a ?.. they can use. So far I have had the necessary tools.

It IS overkill, but the last thing I want is to have to go home early from a range session because I forgot something?

I take everything! I'm with BigV on that matter.

Seriously, I have a tool bag that holds all my muzzleloading gear, bullets and powder. I'm able to pick it up and go without worrying that I'll forget something. I also purchased a couple of small plastic fishing boxes in Walmart to organize the smaller stuff.

As for a list? Powder, all your bullets and sabots, jags, bullet starter, cleaner, patches, bullet pullers, range rod, ....,.....,.....,,, ahhhhhhhh!

Latest posts

Back