Where do you purchase supplies?

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

SurrywoodML

I was in a place called Green Top in Richmond, VA a couple of weeks back, about an hour and a half from my place, and they had three sidelocks, all used (in good condition). Other than that I have not seen a place with sidelocks locally in quite a few years and they used to be pretty common

BP Addict

- The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium - - Good people, and they have parts for Thompson-Center traditional guns.
Yes they are! David Little is the best!!! I am fortunate to live about 20 miles from them. I've purchased many guns and supplies over the past ten years there. From what I understand they do quite a bit of Internet sales. However, not everything is on their website so it's better to call if you can't find it there.

They even have some discontinued guns and kits like the Traditions Pirate Pistol. However, keep in mind that Traditions will not honor a warranty on a discontinued gun. Been there, done that!

Good luck everyone!

Walt

BP Addict

I'm President of the Fort Umpqua Muzzleloaders. We’re located in Springfield, Oregon, same as the Gun Works. We meet the third Monday night of the month at the American Legion Hall at 8th and "C".

We were formed in the 1970s and are named after the Hudson’s Bay Company Fort located near present day Elkton, Oregon. They’ve built a replica there at the Elkton Education Center. Fort Umpqua Days is an annual event held in September commemorating the fort. Many of our members and guest participate in an Interpretive Primitive Camp as the affair is open to the public. This is where I first met the group.

We also have a four-day Educational Primitive Camp in October called Harvest Moon, also at the fort. There, members and guests share their primitive skills, camp and socialize. There’s usually a potluck on Saturday along with a drawing for prizes.

Our monthly Shooting Match is held at Emerald Empire Gun Club, on McGowan Creek Road, also in Springfield (closer to Marcola actually) on the last Saturday of the month. We start at 10:00 a.m. The shoot fee is $5.

We have our Frontier Heritage Fair in February. This started out as a swap meet years ago and has grown in to what it is today. There are vendors which include Muzzle Loading retailers, book & bead sellers, blacksmith, etc. Also present is our local History Museum and Historical Society. To top it off, the local Fiddler’s Association provides entertainment both days. There is a raffle on Sunday for some great prizes including a Pendleton wool blanket.

Feel free to contact me for any details.

Walt Evens
541-315-2030
[email protected]

P.S.: We do not have a website. You can find our Facebook page here:

BP Addict

Yes, it is unfortunate. I remember buying Remingtons, Marlins, New England Firearms, CVA, Ruger, etc. cartridge and BP guns at K-mart back in the mid-nineties. They were one of the best-stocked firearms departments in the Louisville, KY area. I purchase a nice SxS English-stocked 20 ga. at Dick’s Sporting Goods, 10 years or so ago, and they don’t carry any firearms now. I hardly even go there now (particularly, since we have an Academy Sports, who, when they have any stock, carry everything).

I was working at Montgomery Ward in San Bernardino, CA in the 1980s. Their Sporting Goods department sold CVA muzzleloaders, Savage Model 110, 30-06 rifles and S&W Revolvers. There was also a Woolworths in the mall who sold guns including muzzleloaders like the Sile Hawken Hunter with a “Chrome Lined Barrel” as listed in Sam Fadala’s “The Black Powder Handbook”.

I saw a CVA Kentucky pistol in the case and asked to see it. I took one look down the barrel and I was hooked! While I never did buy that one, I soon acquired a used Thompson Center Hawken rifle at a local pawn shop (they had a lay-a-way program!) for $149. I’m not sure what a new one went for but that CVA Kentucky sidearm was $69.95. I then had to go to the local Muzzleloader shop and pick up everything to shoot it. I remember they had the Numrich Arms Under-hammer Boot Pistol, also for $69. I was unsure about the design so passed on that one also.

The world was truly different then. There were so many companies and so much to choose from.

Thanks!

Walt

muzzleloader48

FML Supporter
I was working at Montgomery Ward in San Bernardino, CA in the 1980s. Their Sporting Goods department sold CVA muzzleloaders, Savage Model 110, 30-06 rifles and S&W Revolvers. There was also a Woolworths in the mall who sold guns including muzzleloaders like the Sile Hawken Hunter with a “Chrome Lined Barrel” as listed in Sam Fadala’s “The Black Powder Handbook”.

I saw a CVA Kentucky pistol in the case and asked to see it. I took one look down the barrel and I was hooked! While I never did buy that one, I soon acquired a used Thompson Center Hawken rifle at a local pawn shop (they had a lay-a-way program!) for $149. I’m not sure what a new one went for but that CVA Kentucky sidearm was $69.95. I then had to go to the local Muzzleloader shop and pick up everything to shoot it. I remember they had the Numrich Arms Under-hammer Boot Pistol, also for $69. I was unsure about the design so passed on that one also.

The world was truly different then. There were so many companies and so much to choose from.

Thanks!

Walt
The world was supposed to get better, but you are correct, it is going down hill!

Latest posts