Where do you purchase supplies?

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi all

We are working on putting together some information on Muzzleloading, Outdoor supplies, Reenactments and related topics. If you could list the ones you use and know, and the link if you have it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Angie

FrontierGander

Staff member
muzzle-loaders.com
trackofthewolf.com
dixiegunworks.com
crazycrow.com

Lots of amazing places to buy from. I put together this list a while back angie. Not even close to scratching the surface.

Mad L

#1 GoTo: TrackoftheWolf.com
#2: Octobercountrt.com
Logcabinshop.com
Possibleshop.com
Turkeyfootllc.com
Crazycrow.com
....just to name a few.

For Black Powder:
***ALL "Out of Stock"***
Grafs.com
Powdervalleyinc.com

These are just my main ones for commons and consumables

UndeadPoet

I recently ordered Schuetzen black powder, musket caps, and percussion caps from Graf and Sons www.grafs.com

I have also ordered several ram rods and all manner of cleaning accoutrements from Track of the Wolf www.trackofthewolf.com

I haven’t ordered anything from them in a while, but I used to order stuff (.430 round balls, ramrod, other stuff) from Dixie Gun Works. (I was acquainted with a relative of Turner Kirkland’s) www.dixiegunworks.com

Before all the pandemic lockdown madness, I bought a .54 Pedersoli Blue Ridge rifle and have bought Pyrodex, etc. from Bass Pro/Cabela’s www.basspro.com or www.cabelas.com

I have also picked up some good deals and well-made items from the members’ classifieds on The Muzzleloading Forum www.muzzleloadingforum.com and Modern Muzzleloader www.modernmuzzleloader.com

‘Poet

CVA Fanboy

Supporting Member
FML Supporter
Wal-Mart, Powder Valley, Midway, Gun Works, Dixie Gun Works, Muzzle-Loaders.com, Any where I am I think that might have something for muzzle-loading I look and purchase. Caps, Powder, Cleaning, Powder Substitute I know it is a lot of searching and looking, however in the long run it has been worth it.

muzzleloader48

The local Walmart in Trinidad, CO. has about turned in to a Dollar Store.
If you go the Sporting Goods Dept. area, there is absolutely nothing for muzzleloaders are even CF arms.
No ammunition whatsoever. No primers, or caps. About a dozen shirts, or jackets total. You can get a cheap Pakistan knife or a really cheap scope. Nothing at all for muzzleloaders....disgusting. Only choice is Online or drive 100+ miles to largest city to me. No local gun stores to speak of.....they closed their doors awhile back. Several pawn shops....very little to offer in the way of anything gun related. Pretty well stocked....so I really don't worry about anything....but I used to still like to look around.

UndeadPoet

Yes, it is unfortunate. I remember buying Remingtons, Marlins, New England Firearms, CVA, Ruger, etc. cartridge and BP guns at K-mart back in the mid-nineties. They were one of the best-stocked firearms departments in the Louisville, KY area. I purchase a nice SxS English-stocked 20 ga. at Dick’s Sporting Goods, 10 years or so ago, and they don’t carry any firearms now. I hardly even go there now (particularly, since we have an Academy Sports, who, when they have any stock, carry everything).

muzzleloader48

Yes, it is unfortunate. I remember buying Remingtons, Marlins, New England Firearms, CVA, Ruger, etc. cartridge and BP guns at K-mart back in the mid-nineties. They were one of the best-stocked firearms departments in the Louisville, KY area. I purchase a nice SxS English-stocked 20 ga. at Dick’s Sporting Goods, 10 years or so ago, and they don’t carry any firearms now. I hardly even go there now (particularly, since we have an Academy Sports, who, when they have any stock, carry everything).
Yes sir, you are correct. As early as around 2003, I purchased a Reminton 30-06 at Walmart and many boxes of shotgun shells for grouse season. They put a new Dick's Sporting Goods in Pueblo Co a couple years ago. Parking lot there now is pretty empty, it's basically a clothing store for the yuppies. Sportsmans warehouse is down the street from them. Big R is a pretty good place for sporting goods also.

newtire

Hi all

We are working on putting together some information on Muzzleloading, Outdoor supplies, Reenactments and related topics. If you could list the ones you use and know, and the link if you have it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Angie
I picked up some stuff for a friend in another state off of Hodgdon website 2-weeks ago.

Rusticbob

I buy most items locally, there is a small shop in Poultney, VT called Marts Sporting Goods, Johnson Wool, good boots, good selection of muzzleloading supplies. Craigins in Rutland ,Vermont always has a good selection of MZ supplies, and lots of guns. Best place I have seen but not local is in Charlestown,NH. called Sporting and Hunting Depot, great selection of muzzleloaders and supplies.
I really try to avoid the big chains like Walmart and the likes. And forget Dicks, I won’t buy anything there ever again.
I don’t know if this is what you were looking for, just my 2 cents worth.

Squint

FML Supporter
Hi all

Thanks, Angie
good morning Angie. There's not many stores in the part of Montana that I live in, the closest mom-and-pop sporting goods store is hundred and 20 miles away, so I buy what I can from the big companies, mainly from Midway. TOTW is a good place to shop too, but they don't have a lot in the stuff I need. Powder is a different matter. A hardware store, 30 miles away, can order replacement black, but that's it.

muzzleloader48

good morning Angie. There's not many stores in the part of Montana that I live in, the closest mom-and-pop sporting goods store is hundred and 20 miles away, so I buy what I can from the big companies, mainly from Midway. TOTW is a good place to shop too, but they don't have a lot in the stuff I need. Powder is a different matter. A hardware store, 30 miles away, can order replacement black, but that's it.
We're in the same boot here where I live. Trinidad, CO. is 20 miles from me, but no stores that carry anything for muzzleloaders or firearms. Do most shopping online.

CVA Fanboy

Supporting Member
FML Supporter
The local Walmart in Trinidad, CO. has about turned in to a Dollar Store.
If you go the Sporting Goods Dept. area, there is absolutely nothing for muzzleloaders are even CF arms.
No ammunition whatsoever. No primers, or caps. About a dozen shirts, or jackets total. You can get a cheap Pakistan knife or a really cheap scope. Nothing at all for muzzleloaders....disgusting. Only choice is Online or drive 100+ miles to largest city to me. No local gun stores to speak of.....they closed their doors awhile back. Several pawn shops....very little to offer in the way of anything gun related. Pretty well stocked....so I really don't worry about anything....but I used to still like to look around.
Kind of wal mart all over these days

UndeadPoet

Anybody still have a local place where you can buy sidelock muzzleloaders? It is pretty nil in my area. I see people posting that someplace near them had “5 Renegades,” etc., and I get so envious…