What's Your Desired Trigger Pull Weight?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpep

Reaction score
There is always lots of imput on different loads for inlines but not much comment on trigger pull weights.
So what do you recommend for the best trigger weight?

I like 2.75 pounds, which is a great weight for shooting and hunting. I have all of my centerfire rifles and muzzleloaders adjusted to this weight.

I have all my rifles set a 2.25lbs with the exception of my Knight rifles.

The Knights are set at 2.5 lbs. Knight factory service will only drop them to 2.5lbs but they will remove the trigger creep and over travel for free.

No less ten 2.5 no more then 5 but I am not really that picky as I am use to the two stage pulls found on most military rifles.

ive got two knights, both timney triggers, approx 3lbs. best triggers on (any) rifles i own, i think theyre great. mk-85 might have the slightest amount of creep . . . but not enough to bother me.

now, the set trigger on my renegade beats 'em both. but were talking about single triggers, right?

2.5 to3.5 lbs.I had a .270 go off in a fully enclosed box stand with me one time. That was 25 years ago.No more guns less than 2.5 trigger pull for me.My ears never recovered from that shot.

I shoot for around 2 lbs but some triggers just won't let me get there (I roll my own :) ).

About 3.5 lbs on my MK85. I wear heavy gloves during late IN season, (especially this year with the single digit temps we had in December), so I like a little heavier trigger.

Knight Elites

Are the men at Knight pretty good with their trigger work?
I've got 2 Elite triggers I want to have done.

Latest posts

Back