What's Your Favorite?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanshi

Reaction score
The talk about water has me kinda thirsty. So let's talk about this.

What is you favorite(s) in the following categories; be a specific, wordy, etc, as you want?

WHISKEY: ALL DISTILLED BEVERAGES

WINE: DOMESTIC OR IMPORTED

BEER/ALE: BREWED BEVERAGES

OTHER ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: WHATEVER THEY MIGHT BE

LET'S INCLUDE COFFEE AND/OR TEA. I'M A FAIRLY MAJOR COFFEE DRINKER. HOW DO YOU DRINK IT: BLACK, SUGAR, MILK, OTHER?

Last edited:
Never could stand the taste of anything with alcohol in it .Only thing I drink is coffee with just a touch of sweet and low , Diet Pepsi , and water .

I have the highest respect for those that choose not to drink alcoholic beverages.

My taste has now been narrowed to a good beer. I do not drink caffeinated anything.

At this stage of my career coffee is just a mild sedative; I drink 4-5 cups every morning. I like dark French roast and like it black. Putting anything in it seems ( to me) to hide the taste of the coffee. I don't drink sodas except for an occasional diet ginger ale.
BEER: I like beer, period. But I drink stouts exclusively; my favorite being Guinness Extra Stout.
Wine: I drink, prefer and stay with reds.
Whisky: A nice, but affordable, bourbon. I like rye as much or more. Favorite for both is Wild Turkey with Jim Beam 2nd.

Now. I drink wine only once a week with a meal. I average a beer about every couple of weeks. I pour maybe two fingers of whisky
in a glass two times a week. I suffer chronic pain, sometimes severe, and find a drink helps a lot. I've used weed (legal here) briefly in the past but it's too costly for long term. The last was after we moved up here and had the plumber come over to connect the dishwasher and he gave us a nice bag of pot as a welcome gift. My squeeze pretty much has to take cbd oil every evening for pain. I regularly drink a cup of "British Blend" black tea every evening. Got a close Brit friend who'd probably ruin my reputation if I didn't.

Black Coffee all day long, and love Sweet Tea. Coffee at night too, occasionally add non-lactose creamer to make it a dessert. Guess we've tried about every brand of coffee that's come down the pike, but always go back to what we grew up with: Original Maxwell House, Hills Bros, and Yuban. Use an old-fashioned percolator on the stove, but sometimes will break out the newfangled AeroPress for convenience sake (plus it makes REALLY fine coffee).
I've personally stayed away from all spirit drinks - growing up we saw too many alcoholic relatives with ruined lives.

Me too Billy. My brother was a heavy drinker and died from a bad liver.

I don't cuss much, especially in the company of women. Haven't smoked since I was 21 (now 74) don't drive fast, have never used illegal drugs but I need some quality of life... I LIKE BEER! probably avg a 30 oz a day often with my veteran friends at my American Legion post 54. A small pot of black coffee in the morning and some iced tea during the day. No pop, do drink Crystal lite in my H2O about a qt a day. God, I feel like I'm at confession ( don't tell my VA "care giver ) Out Here

Yeah, who would think an Old Mountain Man would drink milk. Confession indeed.

Wow, those are tough acts to follow!
Coffee, love dark roast. Love caffeinated but drink 90 percent decaf with a little half and half . caffeine keeps me up if i drink it after noon. No coffee prior to hunting or fishing trips.

Tea, like english breakfast decaf with a little milk

Beer, all over the microbrew movement here in eastern US. Love american pale ales and IPAs but can appreciate a good porter or stout. everyone is brewing incredible beer here.

Liquor, love a good single malt the more expensive the better (i can only afford to buy Glenlivet 12 year old or soething similar). Once and a while i'll get a dalwhinie or oban for a gift.

I like bourbon as well. the more expensive the better but i buy Bullitt or Jim Beam.
Wine, love a good red , Cabernet Savignon or other dry red is my favorite although i can appreciate a good white as well, the more expensive the better, but i usually i'll only pay around 14 to 17 per bottle.

A decent Cognac or Brandy. or a good port once and awhile.

I have the tastes of a millionaire on a thousandaires budget :)

Frequency : I try to only drink Friday through Sunday, maybe 2 drinks per night if with wife or mixed company, unless i'm hanging with the guys then maybe a wee bit more
maryjane no, no drugs

that all i can say ;) that's why i wear the mask!

Last edited:
Coffee, one travel mug, probably two cups worth, goes to work with me every morning. I'll usually have a 2 to 3 cups on weekend mornings.
Beer, I like a lot of the micro-brews but definitely not the IPA's. IPA's taste like a Coors Light that was strained through the moldy grass you dig out from the bottom of the lawnmower. I like most Reds, a local place has a blond that has no comparison, and the coffee flavored stouts are really good to me. There is also a couple of huckleberry micros I've tried that are very good. We manage to get out about once a month to a brewery. Usually have 3 or 4, but there's been times in the right company that it turns into 6 or 7.
Wine...meh, not so much. If I have to I want the driest red I can find...but I've yet to find a legitimate reason I have to.
Whiskey, very little and not very often. If I do have some, I want to either sip it on the rocks or sweeten it up a bit with some Coke, regular not diet. Prefer Pendleton, keep the Crown for yourself. JD 'ole #7 is pretty good to me too.
I like to have a shot of Bailey's in my coffee once in a while on the weekends. I also enjoy a clam digger on occasion (Bloody Mary or Caesar depending on where you live with Clamato rather than tomato). Make sure you put enough tabasco in it.
Soda...Mountain Dew is the nectar of the gods. Don't allow myself to have more than one a day.
I enjoy a cigar here and there.
Haven't touched weed in a long, long time. I haven't had a job that didn't do random's since I was in my early twenties.
I would have to be unconscious before you'd get some other drug into me.

No alcohol, Tea cold no sugar, no soda. Like hot Choc, Hot tea (from Earl gray to Chinese)cream and honey. Just not a coffee drinker, momma broke me from that with castor oil and coffee to treat your ailments. My Daddy was same way but was a Coffee holic. Peashooterjoe

Man, but this is all very interesting! Stuff was brought up so I'll add to my post and address some of those comments.

I'm a "chocoholic and cookie monster". But I only occasionally indulge in sweets. Other than that I do not like sweet in my coffee, tea (unless I'm around my Brit friend) or most other drinks. I much prefer coffee & tea hot and beer cold. Don't like IPA but can drink most any beer that's not "light". I like ice water with lemon.

Love reds especially Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Chianti, Pinot noir among others. Only white I really like is Chardonnay. Sherry is okay but do like a good Port and a good Brandy. I too am excited and pleased by the quality of craft breweries; and love to tour them and wineries.

I prefer my whiskey straight (rarely with an ice cube). Drink at most only two drinks per week. My sister loves red wines and takes after me in her choices. Yes, I had a brother who developed cirrhosis and passed away and my first wife, deceased, was an alcoholic. That was a long time ago. I'm remarried to a lady who was raised by alcoholic parents but she will drink a white wine on occasion.

So I do know the dangers of abusing drink, food and drugs. If abused all three can kill you. I've always been very health conscious and super physically active. Not nearly as active nowadays, rheumatoid arthritis/chronic pain, but still active. Cannabis - both medical and recreational - are legal in my state. I don't like to smoke it but would use it if available; chronic pain can be life changing as some of you know.

My one addiction is eating Cheerios out of the box while watching Westerns. A lot of Gunsmoke but movies too.

I started to write that I don't drink alcoholic beverages, but then remembered that I had about 3 sips of glass of wine 6 months ago. Last year, I tasted a sip of single malt whiskey to be polite while out of the country. One time, back in the 1970's, I drank about 1/3 can of a fruity beer in Scotland.
I have a cup of decaff coffee, with a little cream every other day. Water, iced tea, hot tea, and an occasional Bai supply most of my fluids. A 2 L bottle of no caffeine diet coke lasts about 3 weeks at my house.
Ron

First thing in the am Green Tea straight no sugar or cream. Coffee black one to two cups. I like beer but I only drink it in the summertime just doesnt do much for me in the winter. Wine I like the red wines mostly Cabernet. Whiskey I have several Favorites. 291 made in Colorado Springs. Makers 46, Rittenhouse Rye, and Leadslingers. Leadslingers is veteran owned I like supporting the vets. Only drink Friday and Sat night usually.

On a side note welcome back Pete good to see you on here again

Alcohol and me don`t get along. Coffee black and lots of it. I do enjoy hibiscus tea with some vitamin c in the morning. Strange thing a friend recommended the hibiscus with c while i was suffering from a allergic reaction within a few days the irritation was gone,made me a believer in it. I`ve enjoyed all the comments.

Latest posts

Back