shooting bench

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zfishingfool

Reaction score
i'm going to build a portable shooting bench, right hand only, how big wood most of you want the table top to be, and wood you make it three legged or four, i'm thinging three because more stable on unlevel terain.

My tips are.

Use 2x6 treated lumber when possible. Look in the scrap sections.

Use lag bolts on all high stress areas and cover then in a good paint.

Use 3x3 or 4x4 treated for legs.

Pre drill any hole near the end of a board so it wont crack. pre-drill all holes that are using lag bolts.

Add an edge or lip on the table top edges so thing wont roll off.

Notch a few of the end boards for a rifle rest according to your needs and for loading cradles.

Paint the entire table when you are done with floor paint or a very good water sealer.....i mean everywhere...top bottom ect.

You can add 2 u bolts to each leg to hold sliding rods for adjusting for level or terrain needs. Iron pipe with flat bases work great for this and the bases unscrew when not needed.

Portable shooting bench should be fairly light!! Check cabelas shooting bench.

A few years ago I made a Booger Bench. I belive that web site is no longer available though. Try to Google semi-booger bench. I think you would be very happy with the plans for it. I know I shure like the booger bench I built. Very portable , light and sturdy.

Here's one idea. I made this many years ago but just depends on what you want. This saw-horse type is cheap and steady enough for me for 100 yards or so but for really long ranges you may want one with screw in or more stationary legs. I think Chuck and I did shoot at 300 yards one time and it worked ok. This is made from a sawhorse bracket with the flat, top 2x4 bolted to a plywood table top with a size of about 24 x 36 inches. 2x4 legs go on and off easily. (Thanks Skwirl...i finally figured out the pic problem)
IMG_0398_1_.jpg

Latest posts

Back