T/C endeaver

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zfishingfool

Reaction score
I was thinking about getten a new muzzle loader, got my eyes on the T/C endeaver or pro hunter, does any one have one, do you like it, is it accurte, is it worth the money,

I handled a Pro Hunter in a store and liked the feel of it. I do not own one, and really do not need one. But I do like Thompson Center rifles. Is it worth the money... can't answer that. But then I buy a lot of things that are not worth the money.

I am sure a owner of one will answer you.

The Endeavor, I have had one for 6 months, I modified the trigger in it with a bit of stoning[ I do this to all my guns first thing] the barrel was mirror finish I usually polish all my barrels but this on looked so good I decided to shoot it first it shot so good I never did touch it.
It has some preferences as all muzzleloaders do, and while some people won't agree with this my shoulder loves the reduced recoil, this particular gun likes heavy loads of Blackhorn and has shot very well for me about one group under .75 a month and I think it is probably shooting better than I can with a 9 power scope, I very much enjoy giving some of the center fire guys a bad time at the 250 yd gongs. I did put a Bellm trigger spring in mine and I have heard that a number of people have had to put a +1 or 2 hing pin in. As long as mine shoots under an inch nothing will be changed because I believe if its not broke trying to fix it will cause a problem.
I love the gun but if I had not planned on getting a varmint barrel for it I would have considered a Bone Collector the only thing I don't like about the Triumph is that I can not get a SS barrel. As a rule they shoot just as good or better with less modification. I do not believe the is any muzzleloading rifle that will match them on an average gun out of the box for sabots which is what they are designed for. Some people complain they do not do well with conicals but mine will shoot them just fine I have had a .75 group and one better with conicals which I only shoot in preparation for hunting where I can not use a sabot. If its conicals you are interested in there are some guns like the White which may shoot a wider range of them I prefer the FPB in my Endeavor and the Bull shops in my Triumph. SW and I both shoot Endeavors and I am sure there are a few others to.
Is it worth that much money? Not if a Bone Collector will do, if you want the best switch barrel to put some center fires on Yes. Lee

I've had on for over a year now and I think its worth every penny. I have done a couple of range reports on it so you should be able to do a search using my username Hulions and find some bullet/sabot combinations that might work for you. I have pictures and bullet/sabot and powder combinations listed in the report. Good luck. I think you will enjoy your purchase. I haven't done any modifications to mine except the boyds thumbhole stock and I only did that because I liked the way it looks.

I went ahead and found a few of them for you.

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... highlight=

Pro Hunter

I've had my PH for 3 years now and love it. I originally bpought it for the different platforms I could shoot from it. But i hven't chnanged the barrel yet. I can shoot target, deer and coyotes w/ my M:L and BH209. The bullets for the 50 caliber ML are all over the spectrum. I bought the Thole SS model and have nevr looked back. I do not experience all the movement or stuff I have seen on some of these posts form a Pro Hunter. I am shooting the factory model, I got used ot the trigger and like it's feel now. Endeavor , Pro Hunter or Encore, you iwll not go wrong.

My experience is similar to Buckers. I originally made the purchase with the intent of switching barrels. Well....., that never happened. I musta gotten a good one too. The trigger is crisp with no creep. The action locks up tight and there is no wobble in the rifle. I like the ergonomics and the accuracy is probably better than the shooters ability :lol: If you don't really need the switch barrel action, I would seriously consider a dedicated muzzleloader of your choice. (hpmuirT) :wink:

I have had a Pro-Hunter for 3 years and an Encore for 6. When the Endeavor barrel came out with the Speed Breech XT, I bought it and put that on my Pro-Hunter and then upgraded my Encore with my old Pro-Hunter barrel and put new Pro-Hunter stock and forend on the Encore. Now both are almost identical and like Lee 9 said are a dream to shoot with heavy loads because of the Flex Tech stocks. Both of mine have the Nikon BDC scopes and will shoot under an inch at 100 yards. Only adjustment I made was a Bellm 1x hinge pin on one and I have sanded both forends so that their ears have clearance on the barrels. Either one is worth the money, but if you are starting out and wanting one of the two, just pop for the Endeavor.

I have a Pro-hunter in .30-06 that was my dads. I really like the gun. It just feels natural on my shoulder. No doubt TC is a top of the line well made gun, but to me they seem somewhat over-priced. A single shot rifle just shouldnt cost what these guns cost and the added $300.00 for different barrels. Ive always tried to buy American but CVA is making some nice rifles now for alot less $$$$.

singlre

quigley you ever looked at the Browning single shots, Ruger # single shots all high end guns. I piut TC up in that category, I also thing TC will have abetter resale than othe ML lines. Go onto Gun Broker if you don't beleive me.

Re: singlre

Bucker said:
quigley you ever looked at the Browning single shots, Ruger # single shots all high end guns. I piut TC up in that category, I also thing TC will have abetter resale than othe ML lines. Go onto Gun Broker if you don't beleive me.
Yea... Ive looked at all of em. And I would love to have a Ruger #1 in my safe. And yea I know that TCs re-sale well. Go on Gunbroker all the time. Just sayin that if its hard on your pocket to turn loose of that much jack like myself then a CVA is a viable option as they make some very nice rifles now.

TC?s ideas seem to be copied by a lot of ML makers today like CVA and Traditions to name just a few. (Speed Breech?s, break opens, fall away actions, swapped barrels to be center fire rifles, rubberized grips, etc.) What is the old saying about imitation is the best form of flattery? Those other lines maybe be fine rifles and are cheaper IMO because TC has done all the R&D for them (that costs money) to gain market share and sales. You don?t see TC copying those other companies? innovations like a battery operated model or having to redesign breech plugs after the horse has left the barn.

Im sorry... Almost $900.00 for a single shot TC Endeavor consisting of a barrel and a trigger and two plastic stocks. Just cant see it. You can buy an AR rifle for that. Just my opinion.

break actions / drop actions were along loooong before tc was ever born. So basically tc copied those old models and refined them to what they wanted.

Oh really, TC?s Contender pistol (the basic design for the Contender rifle and Encore family) first came out in 1967 and that was 3 years before the H&R Huntmans. (which was the first break open muzzleloader 1970.) The Huntmans basically died in 1985 when H&R went bankrupt. So TC?s designs were around way before anything similar in the CVA, Traditions, etc., and are copied today by the others like my original statement said.

I Have a ProHunter and love it. Is it worth the money? My Triumph's are just as good a gun if not better and alot less money. If the cost is a concern check out the Knights and Cva's.

MY two Cents,some guys like TC's,others don't.I have a NEF ML and love it.I think the TC's are a bit over priced,But they are darn nice looking and shoot great.What ever your going to be happy with and as long as it shoots straight,I say buy what makes ya happy.

I think you can get just as good a gun for less money...

sbuff said:
MY two Cents,some guys like TC's,others don't.I have a NEF ML and love it.I think the TC's are a bit over priced,But they are darn nice looking and shoot great.What ever your going to be happy with and as long as it shoots straight,I say buy what makes ya happy.

I think you can get just as good a gun for less money...
Dittos!!

People should buy what fits them the best (firstly) and then what they like and can afford next. I personally don?t care what someone else shoots because we are all in the same sport here. My point was that you have some innovations that a particular manufacturer comes up with that some folks don?t like and bash here that is until their particular favorite company makes a copied officering then it is all of a sudden a great idea and then they got to have one. Just give credit where the credit is due.

I had 2 - 45 cal Huntsman and my cuz had a 58 cal Huntsman. Actually a pretty nice rifle for the times. We both had converted breech plugs a guy machined for us that used the 209 primers. Never knew how much the 209 primers would catch on.

I had a standard Encore and loved it.
Lot's of upgrades like,trigger jobs,replacment pins,stronger hammer springs,etc for them.
I wouldn't buy it for just a ML though.

Latest posts

Back