Best deer for me !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funman

Reaction score
im terrible at stories so bare with me. Got him on public land here in flordia. Ok got to my climber stand about 8am. ten minutes i hear something coming. i see a doe running from a buck with a monster rack. They are moving to fast and to far for me to shoot. They end up going into a swamp that i am facing. I can hear them splashing in the water, oh maybe they are getting thier groove on lol.

Anyway i start using the buck roar grunt tube and the bleat can, i mean im working them both hands full. I was so disappointed that i may not see this deer again.

Ten minutes later i see something in some brush moving about 100 yards from me. I am up pretty high in the tree. Well i keep looking over thier and dont see it. what was that? i keep doing the grunts and sex calls. well my radar was on i see something moving its a deer with a rack and hes coming my way. My heart was moving my shirt in and out. He comes behind a tree and i cant see him anymore. i wait for two minutes and im nervous, what is he doing. Man this sucker snuck out of thier, i look over to my right and he is heading away from me almost out of sight.

It was now or never and i had to stand up in the climber and turn my body in a position i dont like to be in when shooting. The buck was behind some briars and i put that elite crosshairs where his shoulder should be. I fired a .308 150gr hornady interlock. After the shot i did not see him. I also did not see any running so i had a good feeling he was down. The brush is so thick you cannot see much. I didnt even wait, got out the stand and started to walk in that direction hoping i would see him on the ground. I walked up to him and was releived. This is my best deer to date and a good deer for our area. The bullet went throught both lungs and broke out the other rib, but i did not find the bullet. This was one of my reloads maybe i need to slow that bullet down a bit. Thanks for reading

IMG_0039.jpg
[/img]

IMG_0044.jpg
[/img]

IMG_0042.jpg
[/img]

Awesome buck!!! No need to slow them loads down........They seem to be doing their job!! :D :wink:

Perry

That must be one of those Alabama bucks that migrate south for the winter. Congrats.

fliowa said:
That must be one of those Alabama bucks that migrate south for the winter. Congrats.

Thats what one of the guys on the range said when he saw it. He said i probably wont see another buck like that here again (he was an older gentlmen who lived here for years) i say thiers more where that one came from even if he is from bama :lol:

Nice buck. It never occurred to me that Florida had bucks like that. Is it the orange juice :)

pinks said:
Awesome buck!!! No need to slow them loads down........They seem to be doing their job!! :D :wink:

Perry

Thanks Perry maybe ill keep them where their at

Back