new to me Knight Disc

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEEPORPHAN

Reaction score
I have just recently aquired one thru the classified section on this site. Unfortnately it did not come with any notes on the gun ie. load data, bullet weight etc. from the previous owner. He did ship some Hornady XTP 200 grain .40 caliber bullets with it and some Hornady sabots as well. Do you have a powder charge that you prefer and what type Hodgon RS or 777, I use both. or another powder? Odds are I have it. If you have a favorite load combination I would love for you to share it with me.
Thank you for your time,
Robert Schwab
"jeeporphan"

Load data for a 50 cal......
100 grs. of T7 with a 240 XTP is a good start load.
Either loose powder or pellets, with Win. 209 primers.

JEEPORPHAN said:
Sorry, Yes a .45

1:20 or 1:30 twist rate? If you are not sure, it is easy to tell. The 1:20 will make more than one revolution in the barrel, the 1:30 will make less than one revolution in the barrel.

Twist rate will make a big difference in the loads it will generally like.

If able I would try the new Blackhorn 209 loose powder, after that I'd go 777 then Pyrodex loose. I don't use a 45 so I'm not familiar with powder charge weights.

With tiple seven 2F you can try from 100 grains (by volume) up to 150 grains and see what shoots best for you. Use the Winchester triple seven primers and wipe the bore after every shot. Barnes makes a good 195 grain bullet and hornady and TC also have some great bullets for the 45 cal.

Latest posts

Back