Stevens model 200

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skwirl

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Stevens model 200 in 22-250 I mounted a Tasco 6x24x42 AO in Burris mounts and rings and bore sighted it
Using PMC ammo 55 gr psp these were the first 3 shots fired from this rifle at 100 yards
2gy6rsm.jpg

WOW!! that is some good shooting. That should be a good long range rifle..

Hay man is that one of them there 1000.00 senderos by rem or maybe one of them there new springfield armory built winchesters..Say what. donnyb60.

The Stevens are awesome shooters for the price point. A lot of guys use the Stevens 200 action as a foundation for some pretty pimped bench units.

ive thought about picking one up not because i need one, but because they're cheap. and good. i would sand the stock down a little (seems to have some pretty sharp plastic edges) and let the gunsmith tweak the trigger. i think that's about all it'd need.

i have a savage .17 hmr bolt gun that i picked up for about $250 (?) as i recall. i can tell that its a cheap gun ... no polished finish, clubby stock, magazine is REALLY cheap. but it shoots like a lazer

Yep...they are great for sure.

I am currently looking for a 200 for a new build.

I had one in .223 that was a tack driver and was my coyote calling gun. I have had pretty expensive rifles that wouldnt hold a candle to the stevens in accuracy. If you are looking for a rifle that is a shooter and your not afraid of scratching it or it getting beat around, this gun is for you. My house was broke in to on December 20, 2009 and 9 guns were stolen including my stevens. I am going to be purchasing another in the near future, they shoot that good.

Anyone change out the stock on these rifles to a laminated wood? Perform trigger work? Looking at getting a 243 for yote/deer hunting. Not sure if I like the factory stock. Or would a Savage be a better choice with the Accutrigger? Thanks.

bmfox said:
Anyone change out the stock on these rifles to a laminated wood? Perform trigger work? Looking at getting a 243 for yote/deer hunting. Not sure if I like the factory stock. Or would a Savage be a better choice with the Accutrigger? Thanks.

I got a trigger from sharp shooters supply ..............easy to install and adjust
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

bmfox said:

i have the savage bull barrel and accutrigger it's AWSOME

Back