awesome hunt this morning!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on the buck! 8)

You have more snow down there than we have in Michigan. :twisted:

Nice shooting, nice picture. Sure do miss the snow down here!! :wink:

dphobby said:
Excellent, you should be proud of your accomplishments as a young hunter. did you get the nice one from last year mounted ? That was a great hunt and nice pictures if I remember right.

I am still waiting on him. I talked to the taxidermist yesterday and it is done and drying at the moment. I should have him Jan. 1st. I will post pics for sure when I get him. I am super excited!!!! :D

shooter44n45 said:
Great shot! I love to hunt in snow but we don't get enough when we really want it.
Ditto - great shot!

We have more snow than we know what to do with.
My snowblower is on the fritz too. Wife now wants a gas-powered one. Something about her arms getting tired & the shovel getting heavy.... :shock:

-Mike

I have killed more deer with the XTP, then with anything else. It works!

Nice deer. Just be careful on shooting up on top of a ridge.

Rafsob said:
I have killed more deer with the XTP, then with anything else. It works!

Nice deer. Just be careful on shooting up on top of a ridge.

It really wasnt on the ridge top, it is more like a bench that runs just below it. I see what your saying though :wink:

Nice buck. I LOVE hunting right after a snow storm. Did you do any good buck season? I came out for the 1st week and connected on a couple with my 7mm-08. I normally bring my ML and hunt the last few days with it, but I didn't this year. I've only been out there once for the ML season and would LOVE to go back, but vacation time and tradition usually brings me out for the 1st week only. Most of the properties I used to hunt on are closed for opening week now, but open up after. So I might have to break tradition and start another.

Anyway, nice buck. I was going to ask about the one from last year, but that's already been done.

Banerbird said:
Nice buck. I LOVE hunting right after a snow storm. Did you do any good buck season? I came out for the 1st week and connected on a couple with my 7mm-08. I normally bring my ML and hunt the last few days with it, but I didn't this year. I've only been out there once for the ML season and would LOVE to go back, but vacation time and tradition usually brings me out for the 1st week only. Most of the properties I used to hunt on are closed for opening week now, but open up after. So I might have to break tradition and start another.

Anyway, nice buck. I was going to ask about the one from last year, but that's already been done.

I missed a BIG 8, probably as big as last years, on the first day of buck season. he was around 150 yards and I tried to thread the needle through some thick stuff and it didnt work out LOL. I hit a branch about 10' from the deer :cry: I did get a small three point on Thanksgiving day with my 7mm-08 at 150 yards in almost the same spot as the big guy. Go figure that I connect on the little one LOL :lol:

Nice!! I shoot 110 grains of 209 with a 300 grain XTP in a Triumph. Super combination. The XTP is hard to beat.

Back