What this area is about

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

FrontierGander

Staff member
I thought it'd be nice to have the Lodge set up where we all can get together and talk about other outdoors stuff, rather than "just" guns or archery. A place where you can show off all your other outdoor items like fishing for example.

I know i certainly could talk about fishing and some of my favorite lures and such!

A

Anonymous

Just joined and wonder about putting up my own Avatar, what is the process please?
Gabby

OldMtnMan

Gabby said:
Just joined and wonder about putting up my own Avatar, what is the process please?
Gabby
Just click on your profile and then you'll see a row of buttons at the top. Click on avatar.

strong eagle

im going to try plastic surface frogs this year that look like the real deal of various sizes. small lake about 50 miles from me will loose its ice soon. when it does the north lake drains like nuts into the south lake through a big culvert at that time. i go their and get my limit of crappies in the south side of it all in the fast water in 1/2 hour each spring. i bring them back in a big water filled barrel and dump them in a railroad bridge pond 1/2 from the house for the local kids to go after. some naysayer will now post that it is against the law to do that. please post that so we all know who doesnt have a heart for the young people and we can all laugh at you. anyways i have fun doing that. also did that with cats and now the local kids are catching cats like nuts at a bridge pond south of town. they really took there.

Buck Conner

Like you said lets talk about something other than guns and accessories, so here's a off the wall topic I have been involved with for the last 70 years, (collecting family heirlooms).

Now getting close to getting settled one more time, just had the restoration folks get through with their work, movers finally got on board and paid for the damage on a dozen items. We got lucky with one piece with only a small crack that finished out like new, can't see where the damage was thank goodness.

This piece was built while Abe Lincoln was President according to the hardware design, the East Lake Movement lasted until the 1890's closing it's doors 10 years before in 1880's. Charles L. Eastlake designs were displayed at the Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition in 1876 and remained popular until about 1890.

My great grandfather bought this piece when he was in Chicago in the early 1870's, so its been handed down all these years now sitting in our front parlor. Those interested can find this piece in several of the books about this movement (we get folks showing up every few years asking to see and take photos for their book on antiques they are working on).  

Jon, you said talk about other interests, its your fault.........

Buck Conner

Hey guys,

What's your weather like ???

It's hot here in the Rockies (Utah), man in St. George where all those old farts live it's over 110 today.

Where this old fart lives (4 hrs north of St. George) it's 100 even today and the wife had me planning and moving flowers. She's trying to knock me off or she's nuts .....

I told her I like this Yucca plant that Jonathan shared with us a while back. Put this one on my grave.

I really like this one, what variety is it guys. Went to the garden center yesterday and they had some different type that I didn't like.​

Last edited:

Smoker

I thought it'd be nice to have the Lodge set up where we all can get together and talk about other outdoors stuff, rather than "just" guns or archery. A place where you can show off all your other outdoor items like fishing for example.

I know i certainly could talk about fishing and some of my favorite lures and such!
Newbie member here. Hope I'm asking this question in the right place.
A friend highly recommended your forum, but it took me a while to find it! When I Google Frontiermuzzleloader it sometimes takes me to another Frontiermuzzleloader forum with your top banner... but it has only 4 sub forums. Are there 2 Frontiermuzzleloader forums?

bobbythehunter

im going to try plastic surface frogs this year that look like the real deal of various sizes. small lake about 50 miles from me will loose its ice soon. when it does the north lake drains like nuts into the south lake through a big culvert at that time. i go their and get my limit of crappies in the south side of it all in the fast water in 1/2 hour each spring. i bring them back in a big water filled barrel and dump them in a railroad bridge pond 1/2 from the house for the local kids to go after. some naysayer will now post that it is against the law to do that. please post that so we all know who doesnt have a heart for the young people and we can all laugh at you. anyways i have fun doing that. also did that with cats and now the local kids are catching cats like nuts at a bridge pond south of town. they really took there.
Might be great for the kids but usually Not a great idea ecologically. Just saying. I suppose one could argue that many or most of our waterbodies have been managed with non natives and such and they would be right, it's just not a habit we should be promoting in my opinion.

Overdue Bill

Buck Conner--I'm not a collector but I have to say, that's one beautiful piece of furniture. What would it be called? It doesn't really look like a writing desk. I'm guessing it would be maybe a piece of kitchen or dining room furniture.

Marty

Buck Conner--I'm not a collector but I have to say, that's one beautiful piece of furniture. What would it be called? It doesn't really look like a writing desk. I'm guessing it would be maybe a piece of kitchen or dining room furniture.
X2. It's something you would see on TV's "Antiques Road Show".

muzzleloader48

FML Supporter
You're right strong eagle. Someone will try to save the earth by denouncing your event. It's nice to watch the kids have something fun to do like that. I don't think a barrel full of fake frogs will destroy the earth, lakes or ocean.
Oh yeah, BTW- I'm hugging my tree😇😂

Hanshi

This has been mentioned previously but bares another request. This OTHL forum, Jonathan, has strayed far from the intended purpose as proposed earlier. There is currently a danger here that friendships could be damaged, and a strong possibility potential members may avoid the site already. We could also lose some of our contributing members. The elephant on the forum is, of course, political, and to a lesser extent, religious posting. If I may be so bold as to suggest it, how about considering these options:

1. Prohibit any and all discussion of politics and religion.

2. Delete any and all posts that blatantly violate the prohibition.

3. Issue "warnings" initially to any violators.

4. As a last resort, ban/terminate the membership of those who have been warned numerous times for, say, 6 months. If they come back and still violate
the rules then make the next ban permanent.

5. Posting a brief (without posting names) description of why posts have been deleted.

6. To prevent any embarrassment most of the steps - except for #1. and #2. could be handled by PMs or emails.

These suggestions are not draconian as they are basically "tough love" in nature. Thanks.

muzzleloader48

FML Supporter
Someone needs to pull up their big boy panties and get over the hurt feelings.
Zuckerberg doeas the same thing on FB when conservatives make a truthful statement. Deletes the most and puts you in FB jail. Same thing happens on Twitter for Trump supporters.
As adults you should be able to deal with things you don't or do agree with.
Your comments are appreciated whether anyone agrees with them or not.
SOOOOO...that being said, Let's Not Violate The FIRST AMENDMENT.

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

FrontierGander

Staff member
I've strayed? I've been hunting for a week, i get home and the last thing i want to do is sit online reading through comments and removing things. What has strayed are certain members respect for the forum. Some bitch and moaned about one thread and then, the same ones start up all over again, engaging in the same style and then complain when they get their feelings hurt. If someone complains about a topic or whats going on and i find that they had been involved feeding the fire, that makes you part of the problem because you got yourself involved.

toot

Hey guys,

What's your weather like ???

It's hot here in the Rockies (Utah), man in St. George where all those old farts live it's over 110 today.

Where this old fart lives (4 hrs north of St. George) it's 100 even today and the wife had me planning and moving flowers. She's trying to knock me off or she's nuts .....

I told her I like this Yucca plant that Jonathan shared with us a while back. Put this one on my grave.

I really like this one, what variety is it guys. Went to the garden center yesterday and they had some different type that I didn't like.​
the Yucca plant is also called A CENTUARY PLANT. they were / are always seen in cemetery's at grave side's because they are beautiful and last for a centaury or more! and as shown they have beautiful flowers.

muzzleloader48

FML Supporter
the Yucca plant is also called A CENTUARY PLANT. they were / are always seen in cemetery's at grave side's because they are beautiful and last for a centaury or more! and as shown they have beautiful flowers.
I believe the yucca plant flowers will only bloom when the outside temperature is at the warmest time of the year and only once a year. I never knew they were planted at grave sites. They also have healing attributes.

Take care toot and plenty of water when moving those flowers in 100 degree weather.

Latest posts