..... BIG DIFFERENCE FROM 90 TO 100.........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:D :) 8)

Yesterday was test day for me at the range. I normally shoot 100 grains JSG but yesterday I shot 90. I'm shooting my Accura with Powerbelt 295 GR Aerotips and starting it all off with Remington Kleanbore Primers. I shot 15 rounds off of a rest. Wind in my face but I waited for the lull. Spit swabbed after every shot. Needless to say, I'll be loading 90 grains from now on :!: :!: :!: All shots were at 50 yards :!: :!: :!:
90vs100gr001.jpg

90vs100gr002.jpg

90vs100gr003.jpg

WOW... that is some good shooting. Good rifle and good load there.

Good shooting and I'm not surprised with the results! I used to shoot 100 gr. but dropped to 90 about 4 or 5 years ago and it made a big difference in accuracy for me too. Don't let anyone try to tell you 90 gr. isn't enough either. A lot of buffalo got killed back in the old west with 70 gr. charges so 90 gr. is more than enough for deer.

I love 90g BH 209
I've killed 3 deer with 90.
I shoot 100g alot at the range but need to test again @90.

BH209 does seem to have smaller sweet spots with some bullets and calibers compared to T7.

Ive switched to 5gr adjustments and even that small amount made a 1/2" group size difference.

Back