Knight DISC-XT first time

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k

Reaction score
I took out the new to me disc-xt for sight in,set it up with a NFPJ kit from Knight added weaver bases,leupold rings holding a truglo maxus 1.5-6 scope i removed from my triumph due to scope eye :( .i was hoping the extra weight of knight would help control rearward movement(and it did).loads consisted of nosler 260g .451 partitions 100g vol. bh209 inside either harvester red crush rib or MMP hph 12.I started with the red crush ribs at 30yds. 7" low 2"left from poa,dialed scope and started shooting @ 50yds. after a few more shots the red crush ribs were getting very hard to load so i switched to the mmp's.loading with these felt just right and groups shrank.my bench consisted of a wobbly plastic sawhorse and folding hunting stool so i did have some flyers but did still managed to get a couple of 1/2"groups :D .Iwas very happy with the NFPJ setup and had very minimal blowback after 23 rounds with no swabbing between shots.the next time out i'll make sure i have a proper bench to shoot from and play with charges,I'm thinking this knight might even outshoot my triumph!,,,,,karl

Back