IMR White Hots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deerslayer68 said:
anyone have much experience with these?

All i know about them is that they dont live upto their fps claim. Its basically a bleached T7 pellet. :lol:

And fairly expensive per shot.

I used them in a Knight Vision with great success. Three pellets and a .430" 265 gr FTX yielded hole touching groups at 100 yards. I still swabbed between shots. My buddy gave me a couple boxes of them. I'm normally not a pellet popper. I'd rather weigh my loose charges. If you're a "pellet popper" they are as good as any of the others.

GM54-120

They are not even a bleached variety... T7 when it is made is white - Hod... added the black color to make it more representative of black powder.

So the White Hots are uncolored T& and I think they also did not add the smoke ability to them.

So can these can be used in Thompson Omega . Im new to muzzleloading and I had heard it was easier to clean the white hots !

lombo said:
So can these can be used in Thompson Omega . Im new to muzzleloading and I had heard it was easier to clean the white hots !

Sure if you prefer a pellet powder.

Give Blackhorn209 a try though if you dont mind regular powder subs. The Omega ignites it very well and has great velocity. Clean up isnt bad either.

Personally ive never scene any proof that WhiteHots are easier to clean up than T7 pellets. You pretty much need to spit patch between shots for best accuracy with any pellet powder. Not always but in my guns i did, so ive quit using them.

My main problem with WhiteHots is the cost per shot to equal the same fps as Blackhorn is higher and not as clean.

It wont hurt a thing in an Omega, so if you like it then good deal. Its all about what you like to use safely. ;)

sabotloader said:
GM54-120

They are not even a bleached variety... T7 when it is made is white - Hod... added the black color to make it more representative of black powder.

So the White Hots are uncolored T& and I think they also did not add the smoke ability to them.

White loose T7 - sounds interesting!

Latest posts

Back