Blackhorn 209 $24.99 at Midway

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You guys all see the B209 at Midway for $24.99? Even with the haz-mat that's not bad. I'd pick up some but I'm covered for a year or 2.

How much does the haz. fee run? Would like to know before I complete an order.

Haz mat will run you $25.00 whether you order one pound up to I think 50 pounds. When I order a case of powder (25 pounds) they still charge me the one hazmat.

Also be know, if you want them to put some primers, musket caps, or #11 caps in that order, they will hit you with a second haz mat fee as they claim they can not ship it all together (yet they do).

Haz Mat is a ripe off. I asked the UPS man what special precautions they take for the haz mat items. He answered.. paperwork. We have to send forms to the government, the sender, the shipper and of course the receiver. For that they hit us $25.00

Thanks for the info. I don't go through that much powder so I wouldn't be ordering large quantities. I can get BH at my small local gun shop for 32.00. I guess I will support the locals as the money saved isn't that much.

muskrat30 said:
You guys all see the B209 at Midway for $24.99? Even with the haz-mat that's not bad. I'd pick up some but I'm covered for a year or 2.

That wouldnt be too bad if you were getting a pound :lol: :lol:
thats ok-- bend over!! ha ha ha. Must be getting cheaper due to the're
getting the hang of drilling the little holes in the powder grains. :lol:
Crawling back under my rock now.. :lol:

$25 a can is still $40 per pound! I use it, but very sparingly. :evil:

That's a good price. I got mine from Grafs for $26.99 a jug. Grafs only charges $4.50 handling and $22.50 HazMat.

You guys down in the USA don't know what expensive powder is! Cabelas Canada will sell us a can of 777 for $32.00, and a can of BH209 for $62.00.
Then add on Hazmat charges.

So do you guys predict the price of BH209 to rise or fall over time? I'm wondering if I should stock up and store it in ammo cans until I get back from Japan. I would hate for it to increase in price when I had an opportunity like this.

Dunno SW,

Prices seem to be falling...But I would wait til ya get back. Who knows, IMR/Hogden might come out with somthing even better than BH by then :wink: 8)

Who knows, IMR/Hogden might come out with somthing even better than BH by then

At;s what I'm thinking. When do you go to Japan and how long your deployed?

Latest posts

Back