Another Ruger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorites are the Winchester Supreme in the black box. I have also shot some WRF ammo in the 22 mag. They are a reduced velocity compared to regular 22 mag stuff.

muskrat30 said:
My favorites are the Winchester Supreme in the black box. I have also shot some WRF ammo in the 22 mag. They are a reduced velocity compared to regular 22 mag stuff.

thanks, i will give the WS ammo a try .

The Remington with the green tip would touch 5 holes at 50 yards in the Rem 597 HB for me.

Chocdog

i have a ruger 77/22 mag on order. walnut stock model w/ adjustable sights. it was kind of an impulse purchase when i saw it for a great price.

im interested to see how it does accuracy wise. i probably own more rugers than anything else, but their rifles can be finicky in the accuracy department. there is a guy over at rimfire central that does an accurizing job on them for around $200.

I would love to have that gun. They dont make that model anymore do they? I mean with that kind of stock?

I did some honing on the sheer and trigger and it now feels great , feels like about 2-3 lb pull . I also floated the barrel by removing any plastic 1 '' in front the the front screw all the way forward . My groups tightened a lot after floating the barrel , i have not shot it since i did the trigger job . I also replace the spring between the trigger and sheer with a pen spring that also lightened the pull . On my Marlin .17 hmr all i did was replace the spring with a pen spring and it lightened the trigger a ton .

funman said:
I would love to have that gun. They dont make that model anymore do they? I mean with that kind of stock?

I think they stop making it a last year . it was on there web site last year but not now .

Latest posts

Back